- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Nov. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
Build the world’s fastest Identity and Checkout products
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company’s products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users’ privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
Team & Role Summary
Fast’s Money group is working on building a global payments infrastructure that enables both our customers and merchants to perform transactions in a seamless way. Products built by the Money team sit at the core of Fast’s platform. We handle the secure collection of payment method data for customers, onboarding of businesses, as well as all the payment flows through Fast. As a global company, we work on complex payment routing problems that optimize money movement for businesses around the world.
The Payments Platform team within Money group at Fast is responsible for all things related to money & financial services. We are responsible for both our partner’s and customer’s payments’ accounts, and how money moves between them globally. We are building payments infrastructure to enable seamless financial products that will be multipliers in Fast’s success.
The ideal candidate for this team should have experience in building APIs, as well as integrating with third party APIs that are mission critical for the product. They should be familiar with building scalable, reliable distributed systems and able to lead engineering efforts end-to-end.
- Design, build and maintain payments systems and APIs at Fast
- Build money movement infrastructure on global scale
- Launch new payment methods for Fast customers
- Lead new payment feature development such as Buy Now Pay Later, stored value, lending, etc.
- Work on business facing payments products
- Expertise in building scalable, easy-to-use APIs
- CS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of professional experience as a backend software engineer
- Prior experience working with payments technologies
- Prior experience with distributed systems
- Experience coding in Golang
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Benefits and Perks - Because People Matter
- We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
See what Fast can offer you:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (99% paid by Fast)
- Globally remote with flexible work schedules and commuter benefits to fit your needs
- Generous maternity & paternity leave for all family caregivers
401k match up to 4%
Competitive Salary & Equity
- People-focused, unlimited & flexible paid time off
- Inclusive events & programs to allow everyone to express their voice (or dance skills)
- Monthly exercise, internet & office equipment stipends (and great snack perks)