- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 26, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
Figma is looking for a creative self-starter with solid news judgment and a passion for PR to join our small but growing global communications team. The manager for communications will help shape and execute on our PR strategy globally, with a focus on product and corporate PR.
This role will report to the Director of Communications, and be responsible for developing big-picture campaigns and one-off pitches with cross-functional partners in marketing, product, and people operations. This is a new position in a fast-growing company, so the person filling it will have the opportunity to shape and run with it. In fact, they will be expected to.
This is a full time role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Help shape and execute on Figma’s global PR strategy. This includes everything from pitching media to running executive briefings, crafting big-picture campaigns to writing one-off story pitches and keeping the gears of our small but mighty PR operation going.
- Work with cross-functional partners to tell our product, corporate and culture stories. This means being a sought-out and reliable source of creative ways to tell the story of why Figma is a product that teams want to use and a place that people want to work.
- Mine for interesting stories within the Figma community and across our rich data set. Work with our community and data teams to identify breakthrough stories and trends that get Figma noticed by potential applicants and into the broader cultural zeitgeist.
- Identify, develop and deepen relationships with reporters at high-priority publications. You’ll be expected to spend a significant amount of time scanning the news and finding the right reporters to pitch for a steady stream of story placements.
- Help manage and shape the strategy of our PR agency partners globally. We partner with agencies around the globe to help tell Figma’s story. As a key member of our team, you’ll be expected to work closely with these partners and help drive results.
- Grow. As the second hire on our global comms and PR team, you’ll be expected to stretch yourself and own your development, with the goal of growing your leadership within the broader marketing team and the company as a whole.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience working in PR and communications teams in tech-, lifestyle- and/or design-focused companies. International experience is a plus.
- Comfort working in fast-growing, fast-paced companies where“figuring it out” is more important than sticking to the process, especially when a process doesn’t exist.
- A passion for creative storytelling and an aversion for cookie-cutter PR tactics. You won’t find press releases at Figma. We’re looking for unexpected ways to break through.
- An appreciation/understanding of how social media works with press to help stories travel. You don’t have to be an influencer; but you need to know how to work with them.
- Belief that the best way to get things done is together. Our company, like our product, is focused on collaboration. We challenge each other, and we respect each other.
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.