- New York
- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 6, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
The Developer Experience team is responsible for making Figma’s engineers happy and productive. This team is responsible for the infrastructure, tools and processes to help accelerate the development workflows for entire Figma engineering. Specifically, this group is responsible for scaling and evolving Figma’s development environments, continuous integration/deployment pipeline as well as the general frameworks used by Figma engineers on a daily basis. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about solving engineering productivity challenges and have deep empathy for other developers.
The ideal candidate will have experience building and operating complex CI/CD pipelines at scale, and have experience coming up with solutions that work well at large scale. Additionally, they will have a passion and knack for building systems and tool for improving overall engineering productivity.
- This is a fulltime role that can be held from one of our US hubs or remotely in the continental United States.
What you’ll do at Figma:
- Partner closely with the broader engineering team to develop scalable systems and tools that improves overall engineering productivity.
- Take ownership and help dramatically improve development environment used by engineers daily.
- Take ownership and improve Figma’s engineering standards, tooling, and processes around releasing code.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 2+ years of experience building infrastructure components / services at scale. You have a proven grasp of Computer Science fundamentals and have a strong interest in distributed systems.
- Are driven by impact. You are willing to work on grungy problems if they have a high impact on the business or the health of the infrastructure.
- Care deeply about the quality of the software / systems you build. You have an artisan approach and are always looking to improve your craft. At the same time you are able to strike the right balance between idealism and pragmatism.
- Have excellent problem solving skills. You use a systematic and thorough approach. You think from first principles. You have a bias for action.
- Have excellent technical communication skills.
- Finally, Figma is a close-knit company with a strong culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration, taking ambitious goals and having fun doing so. You deeply value these traits and see yourself actively contributing to it.
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align flawlessly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team:
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process—idea to design to build—and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.