- United States
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
- Business Intelligence
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
Flipboard is seeking a highly analytical person who can monitor and report out on key KPIs and trends. This is a highly visible role providing strategic revenue, inventory and pricing insights that will help facilitate operational planning and execution. This position will work closely with internal stakeholders from revenue operations, sales, analytics team and data engineering.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the company is working 100% remotely. We are open to this position being 100% remote during and post-pandemic with a preference for New York City when we return to offices.
- Work closely with our data insights team to build and automate reporting and dashboards
- Monitor inventory trends across platforms and ad products
- Help with deal approvals regarding pricing and inventory
- Manage ad-hoc reporting requests and provide day-to-day support to leadership, revenue operations, and sales teams.
- Produce weekly revenue dashboard and present to sales and operations stakeholders; provide actionable insights from weekly trends
- Develop proactive analyses using CRM, ad serving, and inventory/delivery data to provide actionable insights to stakeholders
Skills & Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience in an analytical role, and experience with digital advertising and knowledge of Google Ad Manager would be preferred
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics or similar quantitative discipline
- Strong analytical and modeling skills, large data sets and sophisticated models, proven proficiency in Excel and deck creation
- Experience partnering with multiple stakeholders across the organization to drive projects forward
- Goal- and detail-oriented; continuously working to innovate existing process to add value
- Proactive communication with the ability to build and foster relationships
- Strong work ethic; a sense of urgency, ability to learn quickly and deliver results in tight timelines
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (post-pandemic)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.