- New York
- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
Flipboard is a content discovery platform designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
We are seeking a passionate, enthusiastic, and experienced business professional to help Flipboard grow our direct to publisher and brand performance advertising business. We’re looking for someone who has a solid understanding of performance marketing ecosystems with a proven record of account management and revenue growth.
The role is a full-time position reporting to our Head of Newsletters and Content Partnerships.
The team is based in our New York City office and fully remote during the pandemic. We have a flexible work from home policy and are open to hiring remotely anywhere in the US.
- Educate brands and publishers directly about our suite of solutions that are built to help meet and exceed their goals. Explore business development partnership opportunities.
- Work in Boostr, our order management system, Flamingo (Newsletter management system) and Google Ad Manager to plan and execute media for content driven advertising programs.
- Participate in sales calls and meetings with the Head of Content Partnerships.
- Manage the post-sale process for our Content Partnerships initiatives. Lead campaign kick-off with all constituents, guide clients through media strategy.
- Dedicate focus on ensuring a successful Flipboard partnership; Confirm successful launch with screenshots, monitor delivery and performance mapped to KPIs and benchmarks, present opportunities for optimizations and oversee implementation, and prepare campaign analysis materials in efforts to drive success towards up-sell and renewal.
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals and performance targets. A core component of this role is building deep and long-term partnerships for always on initiatives while also expertly executing faster paced test and scale programs.
- Leverage data, insights, and measurement to build innovate marketing communication plans that reach partner audience targets and achieve partner ROI goals & objectives.
- Drive test and learn efforts to identify the product offering, pricing and industry positioning that Flipboard needs to successfully offer performance advertising solutions for both brands and publishers.
- Work cross-functionally with Advertising Operations, Content Partnerships, Yield, Editorial, Engineering and Account Management teams to set up campaigns for success and help guide future product enhancements.
- Work directly with the Sales and Ad Product teams to shape companies offering based on in-market intelligence and a deep understanding of our platform, enhancing our current content product suite and bring new content ad formats to market.
- Serve as industry expert with regards to the performance advertising eco-system and representative at key industry events.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Proficiency in Mac, Keynote, Microsoft Office and Google Workplace (strong experience with pivot tables necessary). Having experience in DFP/GAM is a plus.
- 1-5 years minimum experience in a client-facing, digital campaign management or performance marketing role.
- Experience in native self-service platforms such as Facebook Ad Manager, Google AdWords, Taboola, Outbrain.
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail; enjoys working with data and conducting analyses.
- Comfortable with leading presentations to agencies and clients alike to story tell around the success of a campaign and future partnership opportunities.
- Desire to wear many hats and learn quickly in a challenging and adaptive environment.
Nice to Have:
- BA Degree
- Previous experience with mobile applications, native and mobile advertising, with a strong understanding of advertising performance, tracking and attribution is a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- Our benefits include vision, dental, life, and health insurance, plus 401K with a company match
- Flexible hours and generous ‘out of office time’ for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation & wellness, personal and family needs
- Subsidized commuter programs (post-pandemic)
- Team celebrations: company anniversaries, birthdays, Thanksgiving, weddings/babies –– you name it, we celebrate it!
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach the right communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision. The Flipboard team is headquartered in the beautiful SF Bay Area. Although our roots lie in the Silicon Valley, our team extends around the world: New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Vancouver, and London.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people’s voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diversity and inclusion at Flipboard and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.