- Date Posted
- Aug. 23, 2021
Who we are?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £11.4 billion in 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending supported 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What you will be doing:
- Complete daily reconciliations of client money bank accounts in accordance with CASS rules.
- Participate in month-end reconciliations
- Investigate discrepancies that arise within the client money reconciliations.
- Liaise with the Payments and back-office teams on transactions within client accounts.
- Be accountable for identifying and flagging risks to client money reconciliations as they arise.
- Work closely with the Product & Data teams on any systems changes or enhancements, testing the changes and ensuring controls have been built to mitigate risks.
- Be involved with ad-hoc project work.
It would be great if you:
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative discipline and at least 12 month of experience, ideally in a similar position or have reconciliation process understanding
- Have strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Have strong investigative and problem-solving skills and are passionate about continuous improvement.
- Possess excellent numerical skills.
- Have intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Work with integrity and discretion when handling confidential financial information.
- Can demonstrate exceptional organisational skills and are able to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Are a team player, who can take responsibility and work with a high level of autonomy
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by all of our Circlers.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it’s target-driven and high-octane – but we like to play hard too. That’s what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
- If you show skill and are willing, we’ll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
- At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly.
- Want to Build The Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.