- San Francisco
- Denver, CO
- Date Posted
- Nov. 15, 2021
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That’s why we’re here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There’s never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let’s build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the “Tech, Data, and Risk” teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
The Head of Credit Strategy is responsible for credit strategy management and maintaining the credit quality of the portfolio. The person would create and manage the credit risk strategy framework and credit policies. By monitoring the existing policies and developing new policies, the person would ensure that the portfolio quality is within expectations while enabling business growth.
- Monitor, develop and execute portfolio credit strategies including acquisition and portfolio management
- Provide insights and recommendations to executive management around portfolio quality, risks and opportunities, and underwriting policies and procedures
- Keep updated on market dynamics and the economy to provide recommendations to manage the loan portfolio
- Develop strategies for collections, recoveries, and fraud management to ensure that portfolio performance is within expectations
- Partner with business units and other stakeholders to develop credit strategies to meet business goals
- Conduct policy meetings with stakeholders across the company including executive leadership to communicate credit performance and credit enhancements
- Highly analytical and data driven decision maker
- Can combine internal information with external environment to foresee changes in credit performance
- Excellent communicator who can interact with internal stakeholders and external investors and regulatory agencies
- Have 10+ years of experience managing credit for unsecured lending portfolios
Why should you join us?
We’re gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it’s being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
- Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let’s build the incredible.
- It’s in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Want to Build the Incredible? We’d love to hear from you.