- New York
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Product Engineering
The Product Development Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Color Product Development team on the day-to-day development process - specifically for the Complexion category. This person will be the liaison for internal and external panelist testing and support the team with shade development and evaluation. This position will report into the Senior Manager of Color Product Development.
Three Month Expectations
- Research and develop expertise in the complexion categories, competitive landscape and shade assortments.
- Track, manage and organize in-person development work during shade development - noting swaps/ changes, “reason for being” and rationale, per shade.
- Coordinate and lead all formula testing/ evaluation with internal and external panelsits for complexion launches.
- Create formula questionnaires based on formula design and efficacy for panel testing, track progress with panelists and formally report results to the Color Product Development team.
- Responsible for internal communication with the Color Product Development team and cross-functional partners as it relates to panel testing milestones and feedback.
- Timeline and manage critical dates for panel testing to maintain on-time planning for launches.
- Organize and help to manage in-person shade evaluation and/or photoshoot testing with model/ panel tests.
- Manage and organize sample shipments and purchasing needs as it pertains to testing.
- College degree required or equivalent
- 1-2+ years relevant work experience in beauty product development, specifically in the complexion category.
- Passionate about color and the beauty industry
- Ability to manage and track large amount of samples
- Ability to create formula presentations
- Ability to present to small and large groups comfortably
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work in fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Is a self-starter, able to take initiative, and work both independently and collaboratively
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Is a team player, flexible and able to adapt to changes
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with exceptional attention to detail
- Domestic travel (within NYC) may be required
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.