- Date Posted
- Oct. 25, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
About the role
You are an empathetic, action-oriented people leader and team builder who can recruit, retain and inspire a productive, diverse and highly engaged team. You are a proven operator with a clear and measurable track record of material value creation in a dynamic, technology enabled, supply chain environment. You know what it takes to rapidly scale an organization while improving and balancing profits, quality and capacities. You are able to leap between planning for the future and rolling up your sleeves in the present. You are a lifelong learner with a growth mindset who loves keeping your team focused on the most important priorities, distilling complicated concepts and effectively communicating what is next.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Operations and Performance
- Managing a network of fulfillment centers and drive teams across multiple regions, which will consist of +500 employees
- Delight our customers by consistently delivering high quality orders, on time, and in full.
- Partner with the Director of Operations Strategy and Director of Last Mile Strategy to identify, evaluate and implement improvements across safety, variable cost, order defect rates, asset utilization, and capacities.
- Accountable for executing and creating an annual operating plan that achieves board targets across all operating regions.
- Manage all departments in the FC and Drive teams. Receiving / Product storage & staging / Inventory management / Produce quality assurance / Inventory and delivery audits / Transportation processes with cars or fleet vehicles / OSHA & employee safety
- Partner with the Food Safety team to ensure all food certifications and audits receive exceptional scores.
- Work with the Facilities Manager to ensure 100% uptime of the facility.
- Build, lead and inspire a large operational workforce across multiple sites
- Hands on leader, working side by side with your team when needed.
- Establish strong partnerships and successful communication channels with cross-functional partners to manage capacity and contribution margin while experiencing substantial growth
- Partner with HR to build and support hiring and onboarding standards, operations training programs, on-going manager and associate development
- Partner with HR to build and support workplace safety and OSHA compliance standards.
- 7 - 10+ years managing a large workforce in a complex supply chain that uses technology, is a must.Experience in ecommerce, grocery or other highly-perishable inventory.
- Proven experience developing, implementing, and improving complex processes in a warehouse or manufacturing facility.
- Experience managing, understanding, and owning key metrics with demonstrated ability to share insight from data with key stakeholders.
- Experience holding management to a people first approach that included teaching metrics, accountability and developing team members.
- Experience with WMS and/or ERP systems
- Experience with Kaizen / Lean / Six Sigma process improvement
- Expertise in lean manufacturing and/or strong planning background
- Highly proficient in inventory management & quality control best practices
- Proven experience building and managing a high performing management team.Great communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Leadership skills - ability to bond with a team and lead them successfully.
- Passion for driving continuous improvement.
- Data driven and results oriented.
- Comfort and experience in an ever changing, fast-paced environment.
- Expectation of technology proficiency across WMS, Google Suite and Excel.
- Ability to manage, own, and set OKRs
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment.
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries with no fees, accrued PTO, and generous parental leave.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees