- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples and alcohol straight to your door. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change. For our families, our farmers, our employees and our environment.. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. To learn more please visit https://about.goodeggs.com.
As a Good Eggs Steward, you’ll provide support to the by helping maintain the safety and cleanliness of our Fulfillment and Production Centers. You’ll work independently to keep our facilities clean, organized, and functioning efficiently. You’ll have a range of duties that help support our teams, detailed below.
Our facilities are operational up to 24/7 Monday - Sunday. We are looking for people with flexible schedules to fill shifts for morning, afternoon, evening, and overnight shifts.
This position pays $17 per hour. Overnight shift employees receive a shift differential of $0.50 per hour. We also offer great health, dental, and vision care benefits for full-time employees (30 hours per week or more) and dependents. We’re also proud to offer stock options to employees working 20 or more hours per week!
Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform general clean up of all areas of the building as directed.
- Complete non-routine cleaning according as specified by management
- Handle emergency cleaning and upkeep requests
- Sweeping and mopping walk-in food storage areas (including freezer and refrigerated zones)
- Regularly cleaning reach-in and employee designated refrigerators
- Washing and sanitizing product stowing bins
- Helping the team keep workspaces clean, organized, and stocked
Stocking and cleaning snack areas
- Emptying recycling, compost, landfill containers multiple times daily
- Maintaining adequate supply of necessary cleaning tools, equipment, and supplies
- Keeping the parking lot and loading docks clean and free of debris per the pm schedule
- Clean designated building areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning)
- Perform and document inspection and maintenance activities
- Carry out deep cleaning tasks and special projects
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs
Make adjustments and minor repairs
- Able to work with various teams
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Execute other duties as assigned in a timely and efficient manner
You are able to work weekends as a regular part of your schedule. Good Eggs is a 24 hour operation, seven days a week. We do not offer Monday through Friday schedules.
- You can lift heavy boxes and push or pull heavy items that weigh between 30 and 50 pounds.
- You are comfortable in walk-in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F) for extended periods of time
- Ability to walk up to 10 miles per shift
- You understand proper warehouse safety concepts
- You are knowledgeable with in-depth cleaning practices using environmental-friendly products
- You have basic understanding of safe food handling and sanitation methods
- You execute various tasks and responsibilities to the best of your ability
- You are a self starter, versatile, motivated and goal-driven
- You are committed to strong communication with your team.
- You are adaptable and will help other teams when your job is done, that is how we work at Good Eggs.
- You know how to use a smartphone or computer
Some work duties may be performed outdoors.
Some work duties are performed in an open warehouse, with open dock doors. Temperatures can fluctuate by up to 20 degrees depending on the weather outside.
- Some work duties may be performed in walk in coolers and freezers (temperatures as low as -10°F)
- Some work duties may include temporary assignments.
We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, climbing, pushing, pulling carts, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 7 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 7 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 1 hours per day.
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 7 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned to you.