- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Product Engineering
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to be a hands-on, instrumental force in moving the needle with Good Eggs’ WMS system and related Operations’ technologies, to scale our reach in the bay area and beyond. Join a mission-driven Operations team where you will play a lead role in identifying, defining, planning, implementing and ultimately shaping our supply chain technologies to address existing problems, as well as future needs.
This person will join a Product Management team focused on evolving Good Eggs’ current internal systems to scale rapidly and reliably to meet future business needs. Systems and processes that the Supply Chain Product team supports include: WMS (Warehouse Management System), PIM (Product Information Management), Procure-to-Pay, Replenishment & Inventory Planning, and Routing & Transportation Management. The Product Manager will partner with business owners to manage the technical and non-technical requirements of new systems and improvements to existing systems, implementing changes, and enforcing data governance. Because this role collaborates closely with our operations teams, working in person at one of our locations, currently West Oakland and Southern California, is ideal. Some travel will be required.
What you’ll do with us:
- Evolve Good Eggs’ Product Vision for Internal Systems
- Work with Functional Leads and End Users to gather and define business requirements that align with both short-term and long-term vision
- Work with Technology team to translate business requirements into technical requirements and deliverables
- Develop requirements for new systems and system upgrades/enhancements
- Build ROI analysis for potential technical initiatives, in partnership with business stakeholders and FP&A team
- Partner closely with Technology team to establish a perspective on which systems to build on vs replace, and over what timeframe
- Develop clear priorities across a wide range of potential improvements to optimize business results, and communicate prioritization and timelines to stakeholders
- Lead Development & Implementation of New Systems, Tools, & Features
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders, functional leads, and end-users to help drive utilization of new software and change to existing systems
- Partner with 3rd Party Vendor and Product Managers for interface or customization support
- Lead selection, Gap analysis & implementation of best-in-class software packages to replace homegrown systems as needed
- Work with Functional Leads to convey and establish best practice, write SOPs and ensure systems are configured to support those SOPs.
- Act as a critical link between technical teams and business stakeholders to ensure strong communication and drive mutual understanding
- Project manage the technical development/integration and tactical roll-out of new features and new systems to ensure cross-functional alignment and successful implementation
- Support Functional Stakeholders in Use of Tools & Systems
- Become Subject Matter Expert of Good Eggs’ supply chain systems
- Support the organization on SOP maintenance and training needs to ensure consistent follow through on implementation of best practices
- Collaborate with End Users and support team on an ongoing basis to gather feedback & resolve bugs
- What you bring to the table
- Clear communicator, able to tailor communication situationally to stakeholder groups from warehouse team members to executives
- Strong collaborative abilities and interpersonal relationships
- Strong project management skills
- Data and Process driven
- Ability to multitask, stay organized and prioritize current and future state needs
- Both a strategic and hands-on tactical partner to operations
- 3+ years working with Supply Chain or Enterprise Systems in a Business Analyst, Product Owner, and/or Product Manager role
- In-depth experience defining and writing business requirements for technical product development
- Experience with collaboration, project management and process mapping tools
- Experience prioritizing a backlog in an Agile environment
- Experience in process analysis, data mapping and implementation of Supply Chain systems
- WMS experience is required; Specific expertise in Procure-to-Pay, Master Data Management, Inventory Planning, and/or Transportation Management systems a plus
- Basic or Intermediate SQL skills a plus
- Prior experience working in B2C e-commerce and fulfillment operations, including; experience with high transaction operations and excellent skill in areas of supply chain procurement, product data management, and inventory management, with an emphasis on customer experience.
- Willingness to travel as needed to support operations.
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.