- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jul. 5, 2021
- Software Engineering
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs delivers absurdly fresh groceries, easy weeknight meal kits, pantry staples, and alcohol straight to your door. We are pioneering a better way for people to feed their family, without settling. We believe good food is the most powerful force for change: For our families, our farmers, our employees, and our environment.
About the Role
We’re looking for senior software engineers who are interested in a multidisciplinary engineering environment and are excited to support the culture of Data alongside a passionate, mission-driven team.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Data), you’ll work on ingest, modeling, warehousing, BI tools, and have significant influence over the tools & processes we deliver to our customers (Analysts, Engineers, Business Leaders). We have a modern data platform and a strong team of DevOps Engineers and Full-Stack Data Analysts to collaborate with. Some of the tech involved:
- Stitch Data & Segment
- Mode Analytics
- A modern, AWS-based, containerized application platform
Ideal candidates will have:
- A desire to use their talents to make the world a better place
- 2+ years of agile software development experience including automated testing and pair programming
- 3+ years of full time, Data experience (ETL, warehousing, modeling, supporting Analysts)
- Demonstrable interest in learning and adopting new tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience
Plus experience in some of the following areas:
- Python, SQL, Node.js/Typescript
- DevOps, cloud infrastructure, developer tools
- Container-based deployments, microservices architecture
Bonus points for:
- Previous work experience involving e-commerce, physical operations, finance, or BizOps
- Being data-driven - ability to get insights from data
- Experience with dimensional modeling and/or BEAM*
Why work for Good Eggs?
- Work for a purpose-driven company
- An incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members
- Benefits include employer-assisted health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401k, flexible spending accounts (FSA), 20% off groceries, Flex vacation + 10 holidays, generous parental leave, & the opportunity for an unpaid sabbatical after 2 years.
- Meaningful equity is provided to all employees
- The opportunity to work for a pioneering company in a trillion dollar market that is quickly shifting online
- Guidance from an all-star board including Bill Gurley (Benchmark Capital, #2 on the Midas List), Danny Rimer (Index Ventures), Chuck Templeton (Managing Director of S2G Ventures and founder of Open Table), and Vishal Vasishth (Obvious Ventures).
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.