- New York
- Date Posted
- Jan. 7, 2022
- Product Management
Grailed is one of the largest peer-to-peer marketplaces for clothing. We are the future of fashion commerce, empowering sustainable self-expression through style.
Grailed is a fully-remote team that works between the hours of 10am - 6pm ET. We also have our headquarters in NYC (SoHo) for those that wish to work from an office environment. Our team focuses on providing an environment that encourages learning and growth, giving you the opportunity to lead your own projects and take pride in the work you do.
We’re looking for part-time Moderation Associates to join our team. As a part-time Moderation Associate you will keep the Grailed community safe by digitally authenticating items while strengthening and developing the team’s knowledge base and authentication abilities.
We hire for Associates who specialize in one of the following categories: Grails, Sneakers, or Streetwear. You will report to Moderation Team Leads, who specialize in one of the three product categories sold on Grailed. This is a fully remote role with flexible hours.
We’re looking for candidates who have a self-motivated desire to stay up-to-date on authentication knowledge and are keen to improve our pre-existing systems. You’re driven to expand your own expertise, and rise to the challenge to research and learn authentication processes for items outside of your immediate knowledge. You are always looking for ways to improve our systems, and take pride in strengthening the team’s overall authentication capabilities by leading training sessions, and mentoring the team day to day.
- Authenticate listings
- Review and authenticate listings before they are available for sale
- Remove unsafe listings or listings that don’t meet our marketplace standards
- Ensure that listings are accurately described (size, condition) and in the right strata
- Respond to community and marketing requests for additional item moderation
- Review authentication defect reports to understand the nature of inauthentic items that made it through the authentication process to support the team’s continuous improvement efforts
- Train and develop authentication skills
- Stay up to date on how to authenticate specialty brands
- Attend training or mentorship sessions with team leads to increase brand and authentication knowledge
- Host training or conduct mentorship sessions to contribute to team learning
Who you are
- Strong knowledge and interest in fashion
- Strong authentication abilities in at least three distinct designers
- Enthusiastic about Grailed and/or power user of Grailed platform
- Professional: Impeccable judgment when trusted with sensitive, non-public data and information
- Exhibit Grailed Values: Ownership, Empathetic Approach, Continuous Improvement, Solutions Focus, and Community Driven
- Work eligibility
- Background knowledge about the product; you bring expertise to the team
- Availability to work weekends and holidays (as scheduled)
- Your performance will be graded on
- How accurately and efficiently you can authenticate listings
We are particularly interested in individuals that are able to authenticate the designers below. This includes but isn’t limited to the following designers:
- Human Made
- Mastermind Japan
- Vivienne Westwood
- Yeezy Season
- Canada Goose
- Giuseppe Zanotti
- Adidas (Yeezy)
- Jordan Brand
- Sneaker Collaborations
- Anti Social Social Club
- Travis Scott
- Cactus Plant Flea Market
More about us
Grailed cares deeply about the customer and the employee experience. We are a fully-distributed team with headquarters in NYC. Each Grailed team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
Grailed is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.