- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 2, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 30,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat and so much more.
What is the opportunity?
The Data Engineering team provides all parts of Intercom’s business with the right set of accurate and up-to-date data tables that form the basis of all of our most important operational and strategic data-driven decisions.
The team uses their deep knowledge of how GTM and Product teams work to anticipate their data needs. They use their deep technical expertise to design the right data models and reliably turn these models into high-quality core data assets in our data warehouse. The team are experts at driving data model efficiencies and solving data quality issues at their root cause.
- This team is the glue between all of our Analyst teams and our Data Infrastructure teams. They speak everyone’s language and make everything go faster.
- We’re looking to hire an experienced Lead / Manager to grow this vital function within Intercom.
What will I be doing?
- Partnering with the data infrastructure engineering team to understand and help evolve and maintain our data warehouse and the ETLs that feed it.
- Build a best in class data platform to drive critical business decisions
- Partnering with all of our internal analyst teams to understand the questions they are trying to answer and help them arrive at the right answers.
- Work with your team to continuously think ahead of your key stakeholders and design the data assets for the future.
- Hiring and managing your team, building a team that you’re proud and excited to be a part of.
- Creating a collaborative, inclusive and supportive team culture focused on fast, focused, high impact execution.
- Be a core member of the higher level Business Systems Leadership team, being a key contributor to the org’s business, technical and cultural strategy.
What background do I need?
- You exhibit great judgement and sharp business and product instincts that allow you to differentiate essential versus nice-to-have and to make good choices about trade-offs.
- An ability to lead teams that deliver impact quickly.
- A growth mindset and eagerness to learn.
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with a high degree of autonomy.
- You practice excellent communication skills, and you tailor explanations of technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Experience developing and supporting 4-6 engineers and analysts in their personal growth and career progression.
Nice to haves
- Work in Tableau, Looker, or similar visualization/business intelligence platform
- Experience with operational tools and business systems such as Salesforce, Zuora, Google Analytics, Marketo, or Segment.
- Exposure to Apache Airflow or other DAG frameworks — we use Airflow to orchestrate and schedule all of our data workflows and transformations.
- Familiarity with Python
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
- Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law