- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 15, 2021
- Business Applications
The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including New Relic, Sotheby’s, and Shopify, use Intercom to connect with a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the opportunity?
Business Systems is the organisation that will enable us to operate to the standards of a high-performing, high-growth, IPO-ready company.
The organisation is well-positioned to drive real impact in supporting our Go To Market teams - to establish one source of truth for all of our important metrics, to create seamless user experiences, to set us up to do business the way our customers demand, to coordinate on changes we make in one system for its impact to others, to set Intercom up to scale, and so much more.
As the Senior Manager of Business Systems is responsible for our Marketing, Sales and Account Based Marketing Systems, you’ll lead the team providing services and support to our Sales and Marketing teams. You’ll enable the team to successfully deliver solutions that allow us to scale how we inbound, outbound and market for Intercom.
What will I be doing?
- Own our marketing technology stack and maintain and optimize existing systems used to generate, distribute, and report on Leads, MQLs, SALs and SQLs.
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management for inbound and outbound marketing.
- Identify areas of inefficiency for process and technology optimization and propose solutions that will scale as Envoy grows.
- Create and maintain performance reports on marketing activities, effectiveness, and business impact.
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for improvement.
- Evaluate new technologies to improve and optimize marketing team performance.
- Work with sales, finance, and business operations to ensure an accurate view of marketing performance and business contribution.
- Automate and improve data integrity and data management initiatives, including segmentation implementation and analysis, list management, and lead processes in Salesforce.com.
- Monitor and consistently improve lead scoring and lead flow.
- Leverage third-party research to stay ahead of global industry trends related to digital demand generation and multi-channel marketing.
- Enable your team to achieve high levels of productivity, performance and reliability. Build your own opinions of how teams can be successful in Intercom, sharing your learnings and empowering those around you
What skills do I need?
- Act as an active member of the Business Systems leadership team, partnering with peers and other teams to build, lead and inspire a world-class Business system’s organization
- Minimum 5 years experience in B2B marketing (minimum 3 years in marketing ops), within the SaaS industry.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Marketo; Marketo Certification preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Salesforce.
- Familiarity with the following tools: Outreach, Demandbase, Validity, LeanData, MadKudu.
- Experience building an inclusive, collaborative and high-performing team culture.
- 5+ years of leadership and management experience
- The ability to thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- The ability to be clear and concise in communication.
- Strong track record of developing and maintaining highly collaborative cross-functional relationships and a demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional projects.
- Energized by operating in a fast-paced environment.
We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
Paid Parental Leave Program
Commuter benefits + 401k plan
In-office bicycle storage
Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!