- Date Posted
- Dec. 25, 2021
- Product Engineering
- Business Applications
Communication has changed for people. It’s changed for businesses, too.
Intercom is the only suite of customer messaging products that drives growth at every stage of the customer lifecycle—across acquisition, engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses use Intercom to connect with a billion people worldwide.
Join the company helping businesses grow revenue through live chat, and so much more.
What is it like to work for Intercom?
Our culture is open, friendly and inclusive — and this is something we are proud of. We are optimistic, passionate and positive. We like people who can stay focused with good work / life balance, and who are kind and humble but will speak their mind. We like to experiment, sometimes inventing things for the first time, but we stay pragmatic, starting small and focusing on the problem. We love people who genuinely want to learn and grow, and we take bets on helping people unlock the next step in their career. We’re opinionated by default, for example we run less software and ship continuously. We’re technically conservative and like to keep it simple, but where it means building better products we’ll double down on new technology in a pragmatic way.
What’s the opportunity?
Come help us build a world-changing product, a long-lasting company and the most effective R&D team possible. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, grow in their careers, and enjoy having high impact through their work and we need experienced engineering managers to help us grow.
As an Engineering Manager in our Infrastructure Services Group, you’ll shape a vision, strategy and roadmap for your team aimed at helping us ensure the stability and enable the growth of the business. You’ll lead and support an ambitious group of product and systems engineers working on projects that improve the security, availability, performance, scalability, cost, and efficiency of the Intercom platform. Your team will help strengthening the foundations of the Intercom platform by building scalable and highly-available infrastructure solutions on AWS, providing lightning-fast CI/CD, building toil-reducing Infrastructure as Code services, and taking ownership of key operational excellence initiatives.
What will I be doing?
- Leading and supporting an ambitious group of product and systems engineers
- Partnering with engineering leaders and product management to define a vision, strategy and roadmap
- Building new tools and services that make it fast, safe and easy for other Intercom engineers to leverage our cloud based infrastructure
- Shipping value frequently and deliberately with tight scope
- Fostering, nurturing and accelerating a high-performing team
- Helping us evolve our engineering culture
- Advocating for operational excellence within your team and the entire engineering organisation
What skills do I need?
- Management experience is a requirement
- Infrastructure and operations experience and expertise, preferably cloud-based
- Hands-on technically, comfortable reviewing and writing code is a bonus
- Familiarity with SRE concepts
- Familiarity with core Amazon Web Services products is a bonus
How will I be supported?
- You will buddy with another Dublin-based Infrastructure manager, who will help you to onboard and get up to speed quickly
- You will have a close group of management peers to collaborate with and learn from
- We invest heavily in our Managers, supporting individual career development through training and coaching
- We are a well treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast-growing start-up
- We serve lunch every weekday, plus a variety of snack foods and a fully stocked kitchen
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Peace of mind with life assurance, as well as comprehensive health and dental insurance for you and your dependents
- Open vacation policy and flexible holidays so you can take time off when you need it
- Paid maternity leave, as well as 6 weeks paternity leave for fathers, to let you spend valuable time with your loved ones
- If you’re cycling, we’ve got you covered on the Cycle-to-Work Scheme. With secure bike storage too
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We’re committed to an inclusive and diverse Intercom! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.