- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Business Applications
The world’s first customer platform helping internet businesses accelerate growth
Intercom builds a suite of messaging-first products that all modern internet businesses can use to accelerate growth across the customer lifecycle, from acquisition, to engagement, and support. Today more than 25,000 businesses, including Living Spaces, Spendesk, Walmart use Intercom to connect with over a billion unique people worldwide.
Intercom is a deeply creative company with the confidence to believe it can fundamentally change the future of internet business. Our people are incredibly ambitious, yet humble. Warm, accepting, and positive. Whether you build, market, sell or support product, we want you to make your mark with us.
What’s the opportunity?
As a Sales Engineer, you’ll be leading the functional and technical discussion with our key prospects to make sure there’s nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Intercom. You’ll be an integral part of the Sales team, working mostly in a Pre-sales situation to ensure a technical fit, while creating innovative, configured solutions for our customers. You’ll be collaborating with customers to drive onboarding completion, increase user adoption, improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback. For this role, you will be working on opportunities in Brazil, as well as elsewhere, so the ability to speak Portuguese and English at a business level is a necessity.
What will I be doing?
- Jointly work with Account Executives to solve customer issues and drive deals
- Help lead the discovery process, work to uncover a prospect’s business objectives and current challenges
- Deliver configured presentations and demos with a focus on the business requirements
- Work in tandem with the broad Sales team to guide and complete Proof of Concepts
- Coach customers on Intercom usage and best practices to help make them product experts
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage)
- Lead teams internally on projects and training
What skills do I need?
- Ability to speak Portuguese
- 5+ years in computer industry and 3+ years of sales engineering or solution consulting experience in a SaaS organization, delivering demonstrations on a regular basis in a sales environment
- Aptitude to think strategically to overcome technical and security roadblocks
- Ability to stay focused under pressure and thrive while working with prospects to solve their most challenging issues
- Experience coding/scripting/working in multiple programming languages, as well as data integration, especially RESTful APIs
- Knack and comfort of working collaboratively with global teams
- A track record for creating innovative ideas to increase customer retention and product adoption
Bonus skills & attributes
- Experience with Intercom is a plus
- Ability to speak Spanish would be an advantage
- We are a well-treated bunch, with awesome benefits! If there’s something important to you that’s not on this list, talk to us! :)
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Regular compensation reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Open vacation policy and 10 corporate holidays
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- 401k plan
- In-office bicycle storage
- Fun events for Intercomrades, friends, and family!
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required.
Intercom values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Intercom will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.