- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 14, 2021
- Software Engineering
- Business Applications
Iterable is a cross-channel platform that powers unified customer experiences and empowers marketers to improve on every interaction taking place throughout the customer journey. With Iterable, brands create individualized marketing touchpoints that earn engagement, solidify trust and galvanize loyal consumer-brand relationships.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most—creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable's momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We've been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado's Best Paying Companies! We've also been listed on Wealthfront's Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, and Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make a difference:
Writers at Iterable shape the design of our product, cultivate the way our customers experience it, and give them the information they need to achieve their goals.
Technical Writers are part of the Product Design team. You’ll get involved in the creation of new features, and you’ll write UX copy that brings Iterable’s personality to life and keeps our customers productive, informed, successful, and happy. You’ll become an Iterable expert, and you’ll use your deep customer empathy—and relationships with teams across the company—to write documentation that explains the product, describes best practices, gives users new ideas, and answers all the relevant questions. You’ll test new features as they’re being created, help release them to our customers, and write docs to help resolve common support requests. You’ll report to the Manager of Technical Writing.
One of our core values is growth mindset, and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please apply—we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond those listed in the job description.
You’ll get to:
- Work with product managers, designers, and engineers to write UX copy and product documentation for new and updated features.
- Write and maintain RESTful API documentation.
- Update and clarify our voice and tone guidelines, scaling our ability to create UX copy.
- Test features and updates before they’re released, providing feedback and advocating for bug fixes and UX improvements.
- Improve the information architecture for Iterable’s documentation, ensuring that content is easy to consume—and to create.
- Edit and publish documentation content submissions from teams across the company.
- Establish and track documentation quality metrics and use them to prioritize work.
- Coordinate product releases with the Product Marketing team.
- Improve the processes our multiple teams use when working together.
- Help maintain the tools used to publish Iterable’s documentation.
We are looking for people who have:
- A history of writing delightful UX copy, expressed by a portfolio of work.
- Experience writing SaaS product documentation, with writing samples to share.
- The ability to kindly and directly articulate useful feedback to writers and UX designers.
- Experience working with Product, Design, Engineering, and Product Marketing teams in an agile, SaaS workplace.
- Expertise in defining and maintaining success metrics and information architectures for technical documentation.
- Experience with testing pre-release software, finding bugs, and providing feedback.
- Enthusiasm for writing API documentation.
- Fluency with Git, GitHub, Markdown, and REST APIs (and related concepts like HTTP, curl, Postman, or JSON).
- Marketing technology experience
- Experience with Zendesk Guide
- Experience creating technical diagrams, charts, and graphs
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Great compensation packages, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Daily lunch allowance
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Quarterly Professional Development allowance
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We’ve rethought traditional workplace planning and are looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we’ve moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $127,000/year. The compensation package includes equity, plus a range of medical, dental, vision, financial and other benefits. Additionally, perks such as daily paid lunches and generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others, are included.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.