- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 6, 2021
- Business Applications
Who We Are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
- Our Values
- If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Who You Are
You pride yourself on analytical prowess and numeric fluency. You’re confident in your ability to own financial decisions informed by your data-gathering skills. You’re eager to immerse yourself in the nitty gritty details of a rapidly growing organization.
As a Financial Analyst, you will provide support to our Corporate FP&A function. This position will focus on maintaining our financial model, budget, and cash forecast while consolidating financial information and serving as a cross-department resource. You will also participate in various ad hoc projects including, but not limited to, Justworks’ strategic growth initiatives and capital considerations.
Your Success Profile
What You Will Work On
- Create monthly and quarterly Management and Board reporting and ensure a high degree of quality, timeliness, and accuracy in reporting as well as providing key business insights and perspective outlooks
- Support implementation of FP&A tool (Adaptive Insights) and ongoing administration of the system, updating models, data and reporting
- Support capital raises and other processes impacting the company’s balance sheet and capitalization
- Support the monthly accounting close process with detailed monthly financial analyses
- Provide financial modeling and analysis for various ad-hoc financial projects
- Act as a sounding board for proposed projects and initiatives
How You Will Do Your Work
As a Financial Analyst, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Detail-oriented - exercises extreme attention to detail; is thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seeks to understand both the cause and effect of a situation.
- Analytical - uses a logical reasoning process to break down and work through a situation or problem to arrive at an outcome.
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Organizational awareness - maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics.
- Business insight - applying knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You’re willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you’ll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 2 years of corporate finance, FP&A, investment banking, or corporate development experience
- Strong financial modeling, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Adaptive Insights, Anaplan or other planning software a plus
- Ability to quickly grasp finance and operations practices and business drivers
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- You’re highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and you’re looking for the right company to support your growth
Please Note: Justworks requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated within six weeks of their hire date as a condition of employment unless you qualify for a reasonable accommodation. For additional information on our policy, please click here.
Diversity At Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.