- Date Posted
- Jan. 12, 2022
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Passionate about tech? Interested in energy and climate action? Join Kayrros, a fast-growing startup using artificial intelligence to transform the world’s biggest industries.
Kayrros is a leading data analytics company that monitors and measures energy, natural resources, and industrial activity using proprietary algorithms. We combine satellite imagery, data science and advanced mathematics to create unique insights and customer-specific solutions for better decision-making.
Our team of experts and tech wizards are working to bring transparency to energy and the environment, from crude oil tank volumes to methane emissions. In just five years, the Kayrros team has grown to include 140 experts in data science, mathematics and energy, representing over 20 nationalities and 10 spoken languages. The team works from 6 offices around the world in New York, Houston, London, Paris, Singapore and Bangalore.
In 2021 alone, Kayrros was recognized as a member of French Tech’s Green 20, signed a landmark contract with the European Space Agency and was acknowledged in the latest UNEP Global Methane Assessment report. Kayrros is building a team of talented people to positively disrupt the world’s biggest industries and reshape the future of energy and the environment.
- Join us to make a difference!
- We are currently recruiting for our Paris office, a Junior Data Scientist M/F (6 months)
- Topic: 3D Reconstruction from stereo images, Image segmentation.
Abstract: The goal of the internship is to adapt Kayrros’ already well established 3D technology to urban areas. This includes:
- 3D reconstruction using satellite images over large areas.
- Segmentation of Digital Surface Models (DSMs).
- Detection of areas with particular properties.
- Enhancement of 3D Models for urban areas.
You will be joining the team developing the Kayrros technology on satellite-based 3D Reconstruction. The team has built a pipeline to model in 3D any location on Earth based on stereo satellite images (stockpiles, quarries, mines, cities, forests, etc.). As the technology is used by more and more Kayrros solutions and products, the technology is continuously evolving and it’s the team’s responsibility to meet the new requirements and to offer new applications. The team is composed of three data scientists, two data engineers and one product manager, and is working closely with other Kayrros teams including Remote Sensing, Acquisition, Platform and Infrastructure to ensure the technology is well integrated and profits from all internal tools.
In this project, you will be working closely with the whole product team, in such a way that you both learn the core technologies and contribute to the development of new features that you pinpointed as crucial for success.
Data scientists have a central role in Kayrros. They contribute to the whole pipeline of projects, including scoping projects, identifying and collecting data, constructing features, designing models, visualization, testing and improving products with clients. Indeed, as a data scientist, you will have to:
- Formulate problems considering available data and value of information,
- Design, implement and test machine learning algorithms
- Continuously provide ideas to improve products and take part in all team decisions.
To start this internship, we identified a few scientific papers (see References). You will then be able to complete this literature review, replicate the proposed methods, and explore new approaches to tackle the problem (add other data sources, etc.).
This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for a six-month internship starting between January and July 2022, and you want to join a fast-growing start-up.
- You have a strong background and are passionate about machine learning, statistics, operations research. You are very interested in deep learning, machine learning applied to time series, image and signal processing.
- You have programming skills in Python, Machine Learning libraries, data visualization packages and data manipulation.
- You can design and deliver working prototypes in a fast-paced environment and then put them into production with the help of data engineers.
- You are dynamic, curious and eager to learn about the energy and natural resources domains.
- You are autonomous, you do not hesitate to provide the team with new ideas and challenge existing solutions.
- You can communicate clearly in English, including with non-technical people.
- You are willing to contribute actively and have a real impact on the company’s success.
Why joining Kayrros?
- We are a young, fast-growing tech company and are extremely passionate about what we do.
- We are located in the WeWork building on Rue la Fayette, 75009 (free drinks, events and a vibrant atmosphere).
- You will work with an international team and practice your English (or Chinese, German, Swedish, Portuguese...) on a day to day basis.