- Date Posted
- Dec. 31, 2021
- Software Engineering
Who We Are
KeepTruckin builds technology using the latest advancements in AI and computer vision to improve the safety and efficiency of businesses with vehicles. Over one million drivers and 100,000 companies across every industry trust KeepTruckin’s integrated platform to power their operations, prevent accidents and reduce costs.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day, and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to save lives on the road while impacting and improving every facet of multiple trillion-dollar industries that keep our physical economy moving. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020, and an Inc Magazine Best Place to Work.
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Job:
As a manager on the mobile engineering team, you will be responsible for product development, quality, and performance. You will also help improve the engineering process, develop, and enforce best practices. You will be spending your time recruiting and hiring up the team. Also coaching, growing, and retaining engineers.
As an engineering manager you are responsible for delivering products and features on schedule. Also leading teams and keeping them focused on their priorities while shielding them from distractions.
- Grow the team by partnering with recruiting to hire engineers
- Managing and lead a team of 6-10 mobile engineers across Android and iOS
- Coach and grow ICs so they are improving technically, providing constructive feedback, and managing their performance
- Taking an active role in road-mapping and planning
- Lead the technical decision-making process and provide guidance
- Effectively communicating with stakeholders and influencing product, technical, architectural decisions, and process related choices
- 5+ years of mobile engineering experience and 2+ years of recent engineering management experience leading a team
- A deep understanding of mobile development and platform expertise in Android and/or iOS
- A proven track record of recruiting and hiring
- Experience managing and working remote and distributed teams
- Excellent written and verbal communications
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin’s core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
- Advocate for the User: Do they seek to provide value to clients/users (internal/external)? Is this someone who can put the needs of the end users first?
- Follow Through: Have they shown they can complete projects + take ownership? Is this someone who is reliable, takes initiative, exercises good judgment, and sees things to completion?
- Create Trust: How do they collaborate with others? Is this someone who can collaborate effectively, build relationships, and foster a respectful environment?
- Embrace Diversity: Have they shown that they will create an inclusive environment + try to understand the viewpoints of others? Is this someone who displays empathy, emotional intelligence, and is self-aware/inclusive?
- Be Transparent: Do they encourage transparent communication within their team? Is this someone who can communicate in an open/candid manner?
- Seek Improvement: Do they reflect on prior work experiences? How have they learned/improved as a result? Is this someone with a growth mindset and are they always looking to up-level themselves + their teams?