- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
About the role:
You will be working at a hectic and fast paced Startup as a member of the Field Engineering team. This team is responsible for interfacing with our customers on billable projects as well as producing tooling, white papers and other marketing content.
As a member of the Field Engineering team you will act as a pathfinder for our largest and most critical customers. Helping establish, implement and customize API Connectivity platforms that process hundreds of billions of transactions globally.
In this role you will have the opportunity to interface with everyone in the customer environment from Developers to Executives and represent Kong culture and values everyday.
This is one of the most technically challenging roles in the industry, and working at Kong presents a unique opportunity to combine that challenge with helping to modernize enterprise software and learn about how businesses run in the digital age.
Above all you’ll be acting as a stellar teammate for the rest of Kong.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with a diverse team of people from all over the world
- Work on innovative and cutting edge customer projects
- Help innovate our tooling and processes to make you and your team more efficient
- Learning our products and technologies, taking that knowledge and applying it to real world usage
- Collaborating with other peers, business partners and groups.
- Representing not only yourself and the rest of your team but all of Kong
- Defining what ‘good’ looks like in terms of production deployments, what is recommended and why
- Working with Sales and Product teams to ensure our customers are getting the most out of the solution
- You will be leading customer discussions and small scale projects
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What We Are Looking For:
- Show passion and determination about technology
- Enjoy working with others and collaborating
- Self awareness and strong communication skills are a must
- 8+ years of relevant technical experience required
- Prior Enterprise Application transformation and modernization experience
- Proficient in Linux environments including Cloud and Development tooling
- Experience writing, governing and modernizing API’s
- Experience designing microservices architectures and decoupling monolithic applications including reading and writing enterprise application code (eg Java, Python, C or other languages)
- Experience in Go language highly preferred
- Experience working in Kubernetes and Cloud Native environments, particularly with application deployments and connectivity is highly preferred
- Ability to travel to customer and Kong locations as-needed (post COVID)
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…)We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We are drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.