- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Jun. 21, 2021
- Product Management
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
About the role:
We’re seeking an ambitious, creative, tech-savvy marketer to own go-to-market for both the enterprise and open-source product and help define the future of how organizations manage applications and services. This is an opportunity for the right person to have an outsized impact at a high-visibility company. The best candidate will prioritize raising our product, technical, and solution content to the next level, engaging and activating our customers and users, and fueling our marketing funnel and sales motion. Your work will be noticed, and the impact will be felt by the company and a massive user base and ecosystem.
You get stuff done and are equally comfortable working across functions with the product and engineering teams, understanding industry trends and their impact on our customers, writing collateral designed to promote users through a meaningful customer journey, creating strategies that target the right audience with the right message, and establishing positioning to drive market and category creation in collaboration with sales leadership. You know how to speak to a highly technical audience as well as translate technical concepts to business value. You have a tested framework and a set of strategies, but you’re not afraid to try new things and can shift gears quickly with renewed energy to tackle any challenge.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop, own and execute the go to market strategy for Kong platform and its offerings. Generate compelling positioning and messaging for each key audience and use case
- Work cross-functionally to drive messaging through all channels and enable sales with strategies aligned to customer personas and pain points
- Create collateral and assets across the customer journey, including presentations, briefs, white papers, blog posts, and videos for Funnel Marketing
- Become a subject matter expert to evangelize the product, use cases, and best practices to the community. Develop and execute influencer marketing leveraging analysts, press and the community
- Identify and manage key performance metrics to establish customer-focused and results-oriented strategies
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years B2B product marketing, technical marketing, or product management experience with deep expertise and appreciation for marketing next-generation technology products to both technical and business audiences
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- A track record of delivering compelling, breakthrough content targeting technical audiences
- Deep appreciation for open-source and familiarity with prevailing trends in cloud computing, microservices architectures, API management, and DevOps. Expertise in any one of these preferred
- Strong analytical skills, business acumen, and flexibility to manage a changing set of opportunities and fluency in a fast-paced environment
- Start-up experience preferred
- Public speaking
- Experience with product marketing metrics