- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
Kong creates software and managed services that connect APIs and microservices natively across and within clouds, Kubernetes, data centers and more using intelligent automation. Built on an open source core, Kong’s service connectivity platform enables digital innovation by allowing organizations to reliably and securely manage the full lifecycle of APIs and services for modern architectures, including microservices, serverless and service mesh. By providing developer teams with unprecedented architectural freedom, Kong accelerates innovation cycles, increases productivity, and seamlessly bridges legacy and modern systems and applications. For more information about Kong, please visit konghq.com or follow @thekonginc on Twitter.
About the role:
Kong is looking for a seasoned, customer facing Sales Engineer who is motivated to help drive new business, evangelize our technology, onboard and train new customers, and establish revenue potential with existing customers. Ideally this candidate should have experience working with open source technology and strong knowledge of NGINX, Docker, HTTP, AWS, Postgres and Cassandra
What you’ll be doing:
- Support field sales in helping customers understand the value of the Kong API Management platform
- Understand and help establish customer requirements and grow trusted client relationships throughout the entire sales lifecycle, from initial product reviews to production
- Support PoCs throughout the entire evaluation process
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction across assigned set of accounts
- Prioritize customer needs and coordinate with support, product, and engineering teams to help support customer needs
- Create technical documentation for DevOps, implementations, and services engagements
- And any additional tasks required by manager
What you bring:
- 7+ years software engineer and/or sales engineer management experience at SaaS, Open Source or Enterprise Software company.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing trends and open source business models.
- You are a strong listener and communicator.
- You can confidently lead a discussion with a group of Product Managers, Engineers, and Executives.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture.
- Experience with Docker.
- Fluent working on Linux OSes.
- Familiarity with CD/CI pipeline.
- Any knowledge on Kubernetes, DCOS/Mesos and Docker Swarm is a plus.
What is a Konger? (see our company values below…). We are a group of makers, thinkers, and doers focused on helping today’s developers build tomorrow’s technology. Our teams work on the bleeding edge of API innovation to provide our users with a central nervous system for data and services.
We put design at the heart of everything we do, and we’re relentlessly focused on creating beautiful experiences for our customers. That’s why technology companies, major banks, e-commerce innovators, and government agencies put Kong in front of their most important web applications.
We believe in the power of Open Source and everything it stands for. That’s why developers around the world enthusiastically contribute on top of our open-source platform.
We are passionate about solving challenges that will fundamentally shape the future of technology, and we’re looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you believe in taking ownership of your work, making an impact, and having fun along the way, we would love to talk to you.
Kong Core Values:
- Be Inclusive. We work together from anywhere to achieve our common goals. Our differences make us stronger.
- Be Authentic. We are genuine, principled and confident without arrogance. Show respect and kindness, especially in tough moments.
- Be Relentlessly Resourceful. We work with purpose, obsession and grit. It takes muscle to do hard things and doing hard things build muscle.
- Be Customer Obsessed. We care. Customers are everything, we put them at the center of everything you do. We are all empowered to make an impact.
- Be Curious. We value ideas over hierarchy. Never accept the status quo. We make bold bets, fail, and learn everyday. There is always a way.
- Be an Owner. We drivers not passengers and own the quality and outcomes of our work.