- United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
Are you ready to power the World’s connections?
About the role:
Kong is looking for a seasoned, customer facing Sales Engineer who is motivated to help drive new business, evangelize our technology, onboard and train new customers, and establish revenue potential with existing customers. Ideally this candidate should have experience working with open source technology and strong knowledge of NGINX, Docker, HTTP, AWS, Postgres and Cassandra
What you’ll be doing:
- Support field sales in helping customers understand the value of the Kong API Management platform
- Understand and help establish customer requirements and grow trusted client relationships throughout the entire sales lifecycle, from initial product reviews to production
- Support PoCs throughout the entire evaluation process
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction across assigned set of accounts
- Prioritize customer needs and coordinate with support, product, and engineering teams to help support customer needs
- Create technical documentation for DevOps, implementations, and services engagements
What you bring:
- 5+ years software engineer and/or sales engineer management experience at SAAS, Open Source or Enterprise Software company.
- Solid understanding of cloud computing trends and open source business models.
- You are a strong listener and communicator.
- You can confidently lead a discussion with a group of Product Managers, Engineers, and Executives.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high profile, fast-paced startup culture.
- Experience with Docker.
- Fluent working on Linux OSes.
- Familiarity with CD/CI pipeline.
- Any knowledge on Kubernetes, DCOS/Mesos and Docker Swarm is a plus.