- Date Posted
- Jun. 8, 2021
- Data Science
The Linktree Story
Linktree is the market-leading linking platform that was the first of its kind, creating an entirely new category in tech. Linktree is the identity layer of the internet, allowing users to curate a singular destination housing what’s most important to them, in real time.
With a user base of 14M+, Linktree helps brands, influencers, small businesses, activists and everyday creators carve out their place and reach their full potential online. The world’s biggest influencers and creators from Selena Gomez to Pharrell Williams, as well as big brands like HBO and Facebook are using Linktree to connect their followers to their entire online ecosystem.
The platform averages 30,000 daily sign ups and has over half a billion visits to Linktrees each month. In the past 12 months, Linktree has gained phenomenal momentum growing its user base by 3x with no signs of slowing down.
In March 2021, we raised $45 million in Series B funding. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our staff!
As our first Machine Learning Engineer you will play a major role in setting up our machine learning practice from the scratch. You will join a small but growing team of Data Analysts, Engineers and Scientists to run experiments, develop, test and deploy models. We have a lot of data to play with!
- Own and build our AI / ML capabilities.
- Design, develop, evaluate and deploy highly innovative machine learning models and pipelines
- Develop and implement ML models and features as well as using third party APIs and pre-trained models when appropriate.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Take open-ended problems and ambiguity in your stride, turning loose threads into more solid outcomes
- Investigate and build prototypes, evaluate tradeoffs between various approaches and ship rapidly
- Implement continuous integration, deployment and monitoring for ML models
- Use a mix of research skills and pragmatic implementation to develop solutions, and unlock new directions to create new, scalable solutions for business problems
- You will set a high standard for code quality at Linktree. Your work is well understood and easily maintainable
- Passion for driving user insights and recommendations through social media event data
- Experience building and deploying high quality machine learning models
- Strong understanding of end-to-end machine learning pipelines and processes
Strong coding proficiency in Python
- Strong understanding of Computer Science/Engineering fundamentals and first principles covering system design, data structures, architecture, and design patterns
- Experience in any cloud infrastructure is essential. We use AWS so experience service is desirable
What to expect from Linktree
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
- Linktree contributes up to AUD $1,000 (or foreign equivalent) towards the setup of your home work-station for each employee
- We prioritise our team’s mental health, with all employees having free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors