- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- Jun. 22, 2021
In the time it takes you to read this job ad, around 200 new accounts will have signed up to Linktree.
Due to our growth in the US, Linktree needs a Talent Acquisition Specialist to take on the ownership of hiring for our US-based roles. This role will be remote from anywhere in the US, with our head office in Melbourne and employees based around Australia and the world. We currently have 7 team members based in California with an LA office should be coming later in 2021, once Covid allows it. Our talent team is currently 3 but looking like growing to 5-6 (including you). Mitch would be your manager and you’d also be part of our People & Culture team that is led by Isa.
In addition to day-to-day recruitment tasks of sourcing, screening, interviewing and presenting candidates, you will work with Mitch and the rest of the talent A-Team - Alaina and Ash, collaborating on ways to improve processes, integrate new tools, build networks and deliver the best candidate experience. You will bring your knowledge of salaries, benefits and market reputation within the US to the table, ensuring we are set up to find the best people to join Linktree.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own the end-to-end recruitment process of roles in the US
- Collaborate with Linktree stakeholders to create detailed recruitment briefs
- Headhunt talent for active roles as well as proactively source for potential future needs
- Design interview processes including evaluation templates for each stage
- Write job ads that attract top talent from the US
- Interview candidates (phone call, zoom and in person)
- Provide a positive experience to all candidates through timely contact, responses to all applications and transparent feedback
- Ensure processes are run with as much diversity and inclusion as possible
We don’t believe number of years experience is a key factor in determining skill, so we don’t use this as a minimum requirement. Ideally, you will have experience working on a mix of marketing, social media, content, growth, design, engineering and product roles. Since you will be on a different timezone to the rest of the team, you will need to be comfortable working unsupervised, setting priorities and planning out your days. If you have knowledge within the D&I space, a passion for candidate experience and skills in various sourcing methods you get extra bonus points and we would love to hear from you.
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have a paid 18 week parental leave policy that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us
- Linktree contributes up to AUD $1,000 (or foreign equivalent) towards the set up of your home work-station for each employee
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees have free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
- 401K matching up to 6% and health allowance of $700USD
- Paid parental leave
The Linktree story:
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 13 million users worldwide, 30,000 + new signups every day, and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
In March 2021, Linktree raised $45 million in Series B Funding led by Index Ventures and Coatue on top of our Series A with Insight Partners and AirTree. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our staff.
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include TikTok, Facebook, ClassPass, Patreon, Zapier, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, HBO, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Cara Delevingne, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!