- Date Posted
- Jun. 29, 2021
- Product Engineering
Linktree is the market-leading linking platform that was the first of its kind, creating an entirely new category in tech. Linktree is the identity layer of the internet, allowing users to curate a singular destination housing what’s most important to them, in real time.
With a user base of 15M+, Linktree helps brands, influencers, small businesses, activists and everyday creators carve out their place and reach their full potential online. The world’s biggest influencers and creators from Selena Gomez to Pharrell Williams, as well as big brands like HBO and Facebook are using Linktree to connect their followers to their entire online ecosystem.
The platform averages 30,000 daily sign ups and has over half a billion visits to Linktrees each month. In the past 12 months, Linktree has gained phenomenal momentum growing its user base by 3x with no signs of slowing down.
In March 2021, we raised $45 million in Series B funding. The funding will be used to expand headcount globally, develop product features and go towards making Linktree the best possible place to work for our staff!
The Role Summary:
This is a unique opportunity to join a growing startup in a new team on a greenfield project. You will join a Product Manager as the first Engineer to build an MVP product within Linktree. You will scope, design and develop a feature that will impact millions of customers! Once you join we will start to grow a small, nimble team. You can design your future here, whether it’s fully technical or people leadership, we will support your growth. You will get excited building from scratch, experimenting and testing as well as collaborating with our platform team, core team and Designers!
- Scope, design and develop an MVP for a new product within Linktree
- You will lead the technical direction of the product as well as hands on delivery.
- Work in a new team with one Product Manager initially to get this off the ground and then support growing the team with more engineers
- You will focus on the backend predominantly API development
Experience working on greenfield projects
- Technical leadership experience, being the main decision maker for new projects
- Strong understanding of AWS, Lambda, serverless integrations
- Solid backend engineering experience, we’re open to engineers with a keen desire to learn Node.js
- Collaboration is a strength of yours
- Strong understanding on when to deploy and when to be flexible
If you’ve read through the requirements as a checklist and haven’t ticked every box, don’t rule yourself out just yet. We’ve seen the research that women and other people in minority groups tend to only apply when the checklist is all ticks and no crosses. So if you think you have what it takes, hit that apply button!
What to expect from Linktree
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have a paid 18 week parental leave policy that is inclusive of birth and non-birthing parents and supports the whole parenting lifecycle
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us.
- Linktree contributes up to AUD $1,000 (or foreign equivalent) towards the setup of your home work-station for each employee
- We prioritise our team’s mental health, with all employees having free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors