- Los Angeles
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
- Product Management
An expert on the creator economy and both the major and emerging platforms. You are the person that will lead Linktree’s team on growing the creator and influencer space across the business.
The role summary:
Own and run the program for the creator/talent vertical within Linktree which encompasses influencers, content creators, talent, gaming and more. You will develop and oversee the strategy to lead Linktree’s approach to the vertical across the business and be the voice for the creator space across all functions. This role sits in our Growth team, reporting to our Head of Growth Jess who is an award-winning mentor and Managing Director of Girls in Tech Australia and work in a very cross-functional model.
We are looking for this role to be based in LA but are also open to NY as we currently have staff in both cities and offer great flexibility in remote and hybrid working.
Additionally this role will:
- Build and lead a global team for creators, including regional representation across EMEA, APAC and Americas
- Build Strategies that engage Linktree’s users in the creator space from the first touchpoint through into advocacy
- Cultivate activation strategies to help solve the needs of our creator customers and keep them engaged
- Experience setting strategies and managing relationships in the creator and influencer economies, either at social platforms, talent agencies or other SaaS/tech companies
- A strong network in the US market, bonus points if you also have international market experience
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of understanding and prior experience in the creator economy across established and emerging platforms
- Someone with a test, measure, learn approach to building strategies that develop our impact in the vertical
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, zoomal and loomal (those are made up terms but you will know what they mean)
- Linktree is the market leading linking platform. In 2020 alone we grew from 3 to 10 million users (now over 12 million!)
- The platform enables brands, artists, publishers, agencies, creators and small businesses to curate an online ecosystem, instantly guiding their audience to the destinations that they care about
Our Head Office is in Melbourne but we have people based across Australia, USA, Brazil and Indonesia and offer a very flexible remote way of working. Some of our team are fully remote, others are hybrid remote and in-office sometimes.
We hire with a people-first approach, so more importantly as a human, you will be collaborative, curious, enjoy solving complex problems and have empathy for the growing pains of a rapidly scaling startup.
Linktree’s company culture and values are based around collaboration, diversity, inclusion, and flexibility. Those are all nice words but to give you some more specific examples:
- We are a family-friendly and flexible work environment with our team with a number of our team working hours around school and home commitments.
- We have several diversity and inclusion initiatives underway, including a D&I council, training for all staff on neurodiversity, unconscious bias and the incorporation of a transgender inclusion policy.
- Our team is diverse across age, gender, and race and we are very proud of that.
- All Linktree staff work either fully remote or a hybrid remote and in-office sometimes and that will continue even when COVID is behind us
- We prioritise our team's mental health, with all employees have free access to Smiling Mind & Uprise, including 1:1 coaching sessions from qualified psychologists or counsellors.
The Linktree story:
The Linktree journey begins in 2016 when co-founders Alex, Anthony and Nick were running a digital agency and using Instagram to make announcements about the artists they managed. Created as a side hustle to solve a simple problem, Linktree has well outgrown its roots, with over 12 million users worldwide, 30,000 + new signups every day, and over 120 million unique views per month. Paired with rapid growth, Linktree has recently garnered much attention in the tech world, earning 4th place on Fast Company's "10 most innovative social media companies of 2020".
The Linktree audience is broad, spanning publications, artists, celebrities, fashion and beauty influencers, YouTube stars, sports teams and household brands, right the way through to individuals with a side hustle and micro-influencers. Linktree subscribers include TikTok, Facebook, ClassPass, Patreon, Zapier, Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, Pharrell, Jamie Oliver, HBO, Red Bull, Adult Swim, Cara Delevingne, Comedy Central, Gordon Ramsay, Billabong…and many more!