- United States
- Date Posted
- Sep. 1, 2021
- Business Development
Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
At Lookout we plan our company and product strategies in time horizons. Horizon I is focused on the next twelve months of committed product roadmap and development. Horizon II focuses on longer term sustained market leadership through innovation, anticipation of customer needs, and staying ahead of security, technology, and market trends, usually in a 2-5 year time frame. The team leads internal innovation through activities such as hackathons, customer research through our Customer Advisory Board and the research team, and manages the Lookout intellectual property portfolio. The team also researches expansion of our addressable market and is heavily involved in merger and acquisition activities.
As Principal Strategist you will be responsible for defining and owning the delivery of key strategic initiatives across the entire Lookout product portfolio, helping to facilitate the innovation process, and defending our intellectual property portfolio through the patent process. In fulfilling this role you will need to interface effectively internally with engineering, product management, marketing, sales, customer support, channel management, and externally with industry analysts, channel partners, technology partners, and directly with customers.
- Product Strategy:
- Conduct market, industry, technology and customer research to anticipate longer term customer needs.
- Working with internal engineering and product management teams, develop plans for long term product differentiation through innovation for the Lookout product portfolio based on these anticipated needs.
- Validate these plans through engagement with customers, partners and analysts, and modify as needed.
- Build business case justification for the investments needed to bring these plans to fruition based on their likely return.
- Document (for both development and IP protection) and evangelize these plans both internally and externally to ensure their success.
- Lead and coordinate, with the help of engineering and product management, innovation exercises such as hackathons, design sessions, and other activities designed to foster internal innovation.
- Support Lookout thought leadership positioning through external speaking engagements, press, blogs, etc...
- Intellectual Property Portfolio Management:
- Provide strategic oversight of new intellectual property creation applying business and strategic priorities.
- Work with the Director of Patents regarding Intellectual Property Portfolio growth and maintenance.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Drive to design new, innovative, and disruptive products and solutions that solve meaningful customer problems.
- Ability to empathize with customers and anticipate their long term needs, knowing these needs are frequently not what customers are seeking today.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience speaking to large audiences.
- Prior experience delivering successful cloud delivered security applications.
- Prior experience building products that anticipated customer needs.
- Thorough understanding of:
- Security related products, technologies, and sources such as IDS / IPS, NGFW, Email/Network/Endpoint Security, Threat Detection, Incident Response, EDR, SIEM, etc.
- Cloud delivered security technologies such as CASB, SWG and ZTNA.
- Typical enterprise tools such as UEM, IAM/IDaaS, DLP, etc…
- Modern approaches to security architecture eg Zero Trust, BeyondCorp
- Networking & encryption: DNS, routing/BGP, HTTP/HTTPS/TLS, IPv4 v6, WiFi 6, 5G etc...
- Good working knowledge of global enterprise regulatory compliance needs as related to IT such as GDPR, HIPAA, etc as well as relevant end user privacy laws.
- Intuitive understanding of good user experience and ability to translate that to satisfied customers and higher ASP.
- Minimum 10+ years in product management or technical expertise in the network management space.
- Able to stay organized, thrive and get the right things done in an environment where there is no end of things to do.
- BS/BA or equivalent in CS or related technical fields.