- United States
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Engineering QA
Lookout is a cybersecurity company for the post-perimeter, cloud-first, mobile-first world. Powered by the largest dataset of mobile code in existence, the Lookout Security Cloud provides visibility into the entire spectrum of mobile risk. Lookout is trusted by hundreds of millions of individual users, enterprises and government agencies and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Apple and others. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, India, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C. To learn more, visit and follow Lookout on its , , and .
Lookout is a modern startup for the modern world, run by apps! As part of Lookout’s engineering team, you will have an opportunity to take on some of the most interesting challenges in one or more core areas of intellectual property and fundamental building blocks that form Lookout’s category-defining Personal and Enterprise products. In order to tackle these challenging problems, you must be open-minded to explore new areas as well as evolve key existing systems, such as high scale cloud systems, mobile platforms(iOS/Android) development, detection engines, analysis systems cloud backend micro-services, front-end/UI, Data Engineering, Machine Learning, Threat research and CI/CD. If you enjoy building cutting edge products leveraging the latest technologies, tools and development methodologies, and want to make an immediate impact through your work, come check us out.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you’ll guide the testing and automation effort within the team to ensure we deliver the highest quality products and services to our customers, both internal and external. You’ll have a strong sense of ownership of product quality, but you aren’t doing this alone - you’ll work closely with our super-talented development team to make sure we’re getting the appropriate amount of testing and automation coverage for each feature. At Lookout, we believe quality is every engineer’s responsibility.
You will help define what we test and how we automate testing of our SDK features, RESTful services, APIs and UI of our products. You’ll be a champion of QE best practices and bring the voice of quality to each engineering discussion you’re a part of. Your work will help the team to deploy quickly, reliably, and with confidence that their code changes aren’t breaking existing functionality. Your automation results will be visible to the entire company. You will also be responsible for the ownership of our test environments that are part of our automated deployment pipeline.
At Lookout, we believe in agile software development in every sense of the word, small and focused teams, metrics that work, short feedback loops, well-designed APIs, easy to use UIs, test driven development, automation wherever plausible, and making the right decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing automated test cases for new requirements as well as enhancing scripts to improve code coverage
- Previous work experience in Mobile Testing and Automation tools
- Excellent working knowledge of the Agile/Scrum processes and implementing strong quality processes
- Experience testing RESTful services with SoapUI or equivalent
- Testing UI expertise with frameworks such as Appium
- Experience modifying and using Jailbreak/Root tweaks
- Strong ability to build sample apps (Android & iOS) and integrate SDKs
- Knowledge of Android & iOS security
- Test case development, prioritization, and organization
- Source control management with Git, Mercurial, SVN or equivalent
- Quick study; you pick up new technologies and tools easily, and you like working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to get your point across clearly
- Track record of success