- Date Posted
- Dec. 26, 2021
- Software Engineering
We are looking to expand the Order Fulfillment Network team which is a part of a new exciting greenfield platform looking to transform how MOO handles its post-order services, like manufacture and shipping.
Our aim is to engineer services that deliver value to the business helping achieve the commercial strategy for growth across product ranges, region and partnerships.
- We work in an Scrum/Kanban based agile way, planning and refining our stories with our Technical Product Owner. We build (and manage) our products on the following technical stack;
Infrastructure using Terraform
- Microservices using Serverless on AWS using services like SQS, SNS, Lambda and DynamoDB on a regular basis
- Lambda functions are written in Java
- Pipelines are run using GitHub Actions
- Data using Snowflake.
What We Value in our Senior Software Engineers:
- The ability to question the status quo and ask ‘Why’
- The willingness to contribute to change and continuous improvement
- A strong understanding of engineering principles and best practice
- What does good look like
- SOLID principles
- Clean Code
- The ability to break down complex problems into manageable tasks
- A strong desire to collaborate, teach and learn
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Someone that will contribute to the wider engineering community
What We’d Like From You:
- Software Engineering best practice and principles
- Serverless concepts within AWS
- Event Driven Architectures
- Data Driven Architectures
- JAVA Engineering
- DevOps best practice
- The core concepts of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform is a bonus)
- What’s it like to work at MOO?
MOO’s the kind of workplace where you can really be yourself. Dye your hair purple. Hit the sofa with your laptop. Whatever helps you feel comfortable and happy at work. We want to help you grow in your career and set you up for success – while also recognising the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
That’s why we offer 25 days holiday rising by one day for each year here (for 5 years), a matched pension scheme, MOO’s share option scheme, and paid parental leave. We’ll offer you private healthcare, life insurance, a season ticket loan, subsidised gym membership and a cycle to work scheme. While most of us are currently working from home due to COVID-19 we can’t wait to get back into the office where we like to treat our employees to breakfast and fresh fruit every day, lunch on Fridays and all the ice cream you can eat (just watch for the brain freeze).
We are working hard to create a representative, inclusive and super-friendly team, because we know that different experiences, perspectives and backgrounds make for a better workplace. And that creates a better experience for our customers. MOO doesn’t discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion or belief, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected class.