- Brighton, UK
- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
Motorway is the UK’s fastest-growing used car marketplace – our online-only platform connects private car sellers with thousands of verified dealers nationwide, ensuring everyone gets the best deal.
Founded in 2017, our award winning, technology-led approach has redefined the experience of selling a car, generating thousands of monthly car sales and helping us to grow to a team of over 250 across 4 locations.
Motorway is now valued at over $1 billion and is backed by some of the world’s leading technology investors, having raised £143 million in Series C funding.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing scale-up at a crucial phase of growth and help change an industry for the better.
About the role
Our transport service has two key elements - inspection and transport. In order to complete a car sale, the seller’s vehicle is inspected at their home, based on a fixed process set by Motorway. If the car matches the condition and specification expected, the dealer pays for the vehicle remotely, and the car is transported back to the dealership.
To make this possible, we have partnered with some of the country’s leading vehicle inspection and logistics companies, who provide our network of dealers with scalable transport solutions for vehicles across the UK. Having completed a successful launch phase (already handling up to 100 inspections and transports daily) we are now expanding the operation.
This role will involve:
- Liaising with our transport partners.
- Dealing with any collection or delivery day issues.
- Escalating recurring issues with your line manager, ensuring Motorway’s service is always world-class.
- Processing any new transport requests - ensuring that all collections and deliveries are booked in, in a timely manner.
- Communicating with multiple sales and support teams within the business.
- General logistics administration.
- Ensuring customer and partners communication is responded to and processed accurately
- Supporting other departments across Motorway to ensure queries are responded to efficiently.
- Updating Motorway’s internal database as well as making sure any CRM / Management software is kept accurate and up to date.
- Excellent relationship building skills - you’ll be able to rapidly build rapport and trust with incoming enquiries, and be able to interface with people from lots of different backgrounds.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Good attention to detail and highly organised.
- Work experience within a logics or dealership administration role is helpful but not a prerequisite.
- Ability to use your own initiative
- If you have previous administration experience supporting logistics and believe this could be the right opportunity for you to hit the ground running in a new position please apply.
- A competitive salary
- BUPA private health insurance
- Annual learning budget with Learnerbly
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave
- Flexible working
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Calm membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- A fun working environment with regular social events
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
- The chance to work with an experienced and passionate team with a big vision
Equal Opportunities Statement:
Motorway is committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. We believe our workforce should reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.