- Date Posted
- Jan. 6, 2022
- Professional Services
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the strategic oversight of employee benefit programs for client companies and for ensuring customer satisfaction. Your passion for problem solving help you identify opportunities for Newfront to help clients meet their business objectives. Your exceptional communication skills help you connect with clients by email and phone - quickly establishing trust and rapport.
FROM THE TEAM: If you like the freedom to be creative, enjoy thinking outside the box, and like to have fun - Keep reading! We are an Employee Benefits team who enjoy to creatively challenge ourselves in thinking outside the box and grow our careers in such a unique space. Our team has the opportunity to work with high tech, innovative clients whose goals are to make a difference. This role has the opportunity for growth and development. Our team is collaborative, hard-working, and enjoy having fun. We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude, collaborative, and enjoys tackling challenges by thinking outside the box.
- This position is a salaried, exempt, and full-time role.
- This position is remote and/or option to work from any Newfront office location. #LI-Remote
- This position reports to the Service Leader.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for end-to-end client management including prospecting, onboarding, relationship management, engagement, and execution of scope of work. Independently manage a higher volume and more complex book of business.
- Guide Client Managers and Senior Client Managers in operational and tactical responsibilities.
- Demonstrate proficiency in order to explain technical analysis with regard to plan renewal, marketing, budgeting, contribution scenarios and demographic analysis.
- Lead and direct account renewal presentations by collaborating with technical, marketing and service teams.
- Build and maintain carrier relationships as primary point of contact, subject matter expert and advisor.
- Develop short- and long- term strategies with client to improve benefit programs, maintain cost and to design and implement new programs.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure positive performance and results for clients; understand product options to make recommendations; oversee implementations; and resolve escalated issues.
- Manage the marketing process; negotiate with the carriers about rates, service and performance guarantees.
- Direct and coordinate implementation of new plans, vendors and administrative services.
- Provide specialized service/advanced knowledge as area expert across the client base.
- Understand available funding arrangements in all segments.
- Attend and participate in external seminars as a company representative for education and industry networking.
- Assist with the strategic design and/or selection of comprehensive wellness programs.
- Responsible for strategy, renewal and stewardship presentations and other client deliverables.
- Work closely and strategically with producers. Support Producers with prospecting efforts. Identify and implement opportunities to partner with ABD consultants across other lines of business.
- May be responsible for training others.
- Other tasks, duties or special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Mastery of efficient multi-tasking and flexibility to deal with ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Professional composure and exceptional customer service skills, diplomacy, professionalism, and tact.
- Proficient knowledge and use of Microsoft Office and advance complexities of features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, create solutions, and direct process improvements.
- Thrives working with others in a fast-paced environment. Excellent management skills. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to proactively anticipate and address issues and client needs.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to navigate demanding schedules, priorities, and volumes.
- Ability to learn, adopt and train use of technology systems and software applications.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever changing priorities and deadlines.
- Proficient at multiple and strategic project planning including extended time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust with clients, carriers, and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to provide direction, give feedback and coach others within team.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of work experience in a brokerage.
- Licensed within 1 month of hire.
- Benefits experience required.
- Independently lead accounts and provide guidance to team.
- Extreme confidence in industry expertise and understanding of industry trends.
Certificates, licenses, registration
CA Department of Insurance Life License (required).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Requires occasional (seasonally frequent) driving to and from company and client meetings, events and/or conferences.
- Newfront is a team of risk and reward advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.