- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Dec. 16, 2021
At Newfront, we’re building the modern insurance experience. By relying on our strengths as an industry-leading professional operation and an industry-leading business operations and technology company, we will address and solve these challenges. We are transforming the delivery of risk management, employee experience, insurance, and retirement solutions through our tech-enabled, full-service brokerage.
Driving our ambition is a simple but powerful culture. We’ve created something special; an innovative company with a fulfilling and award-winning culture based on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the core tenets of Work, Love, and Play.
We believe in empowering people, from our clients to our team members. We value balanced lives and are passionate about creating a culture of wellness that results in healthier, happier, more productive employees, and more successful clients.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for development, communication, and service needs for our client companies and for retaining large, complex accounts through relationship management.
FROM THE TEAM: Come join Newfront’s Commercial Risk Unit! We are a smart, dynamic, and fun-loving group privileged to be working with some of the most innovative companies across the world. We provide risk management guidance to companies across multiple industries, including Cannabis...There’s something new every day! We promote from within whenever possible and are committed to the professional development of our team members, providing time and funding for courses and seminars. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
- This position is a salaried, exempt and full-time position.
- This position may be remote and/or can work from any of Newfront’s office locations. #LI-Remote
- This position reports to: Operations Lead.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage and retain client relationships as a trusted advisor, often at the most advanced complexity or specialization. Assess client’s risk profile to determine risk and insurance needs and go-to-market strategy.
- Develop and nurture market and carrier relationships within the industries being serviced.
- Partner with production teams to establish and maintain aligned service offerings and delivery of client needs.
- Independently prepare for, plan and conduct client meetings.
- Brokering and negotiating insurance lines of coverage directly with insurance markets when possible, while also strategically using wholesalers when in the best interest of the client.
- Manage preparation of new business RFP’s; market new and renewal accounts; develop and manage service calendars and prepare presentations for new clients.
- Provide strategic management new and renewal business risk identification and program design (including contract and claims history review).
- Participate in prospecting activities to both identify and close new business.
- Perform as a subject matter expert and advanced resource. Keep abreast of industry trends, changing markets, reviewing and mastering new or evolving specializations, policies or products.
- Perform thorough contract reviews for clients.
- Perform database file management and input information. Accurately manage and maintain documents in agency management systems.
- Provide training, as appropriate, to Account Managers.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
What you bring to the table
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills: written, public speaking and presentation preparation.
- Professional composure and exceptional customer service skills, diplomacy, professionalism and tact.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and its complex features.
- Ability to be resourceful, take initiative, solve problems, create solutions and direct process improvements.
- Thrives working with others in a fast paced environment. Excellent management skills. Ability to train, delegate, provide oversight and give feedback.
- Adaptability and flexibility to proactively anticipate and address issues and client needs.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to navigate demanding schedules, priorities and volumes.
- Ability to learn, adopt and train use of technology systems and software applications.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and flexibility to manage ever changing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced at multiple and strategic project planning including extended time management.
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of brokerage experience.
- Property and Casualty insurance experience required.
Certificates, licenses, registration
CA Property and Casualty Insurance license within 3 months of hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires moderate to long periods of time sitting at a desk, using computer monitor and keyboard, speaking on the phone, etc.
- Requires short to moderate (intermittent) periods of time standing or walking, often to and from meetings that require sitting.
- Requires very occasional lifting of objects (mostly documents, lap top equipment, etc.) that weigh fewer than 20 pounds.
- Requires seasonal or intermittent travelling to visit clients and prospects.
- Newfront is a team of expert advisors providing industry leading services and resources in insurance, risk management, employee benefits and retirement programs to our clients so they can focus on building success.
- Newfront is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Newfront provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.