- Richmond, UK
- Date Posted
- Jan. 3, 2022
- Buying & Merchandising
We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Digital Merchandising Manager who is truly passionate about enhancing our customers’ digital shopping experience -- this role will lead the development and execution of the e-commerce merchandising strategy across desktop, mobile site and mobile app. Reporting to the Head of Customer, the ideal candidate will be commercially minded and data literate, helping optimise performance and measurability multi-platform, with a mobile first approach.
Working closely with the CRM team, you will also partner with multiple stakeholders throughout the business including Digital Product, UX, New Partner, Categories and Brand teams to deliver campaign activity whilst supporting our Partner Community and unique product range. You will also be responsible for ensuring we build industry leading customer experiences across the websites and app, and staying at the forefront of the latest technology and trends to do this. For this, you will play a core role in partnering our growing in-house tech function to ensure both customer and business needs are met and that we continue to evolve at pace.
We are a fast-paced marketplace with numerous seasonal peaks and you will relish the opportunity to be immersed in the business and help deliver growth, leading a small team of 3, you will be responsible for planning digital specific promotional activity and building out the annual trading calendar. Creative and innovative you will have a proven track record in a similar position as an eCommerce or Digital Merchandising Manager (or similar) for an e-commerce driven business. You will be strategically and commercially focused with a background of developing and implementing business growth strategies that have delivered high performance growth in a retail environment. If you are a passionate and data driven individual that is looking for an exciting and rare opportunity to drive forwards our approach to ecommerce digital merchandising this could be the perfect role for you!
- What you’ll be doing...
- Leading and developing a team of Digital Visual merchandisers and Content Executive
- Leading the strategic view on our Merchandising approach to offer our customers curated and relevant shopping experiences that support their gifting and self-purchase missions
- Owning the E-Commerce Merchandising strategy and approach to on-site curation
- Obsessively analysing business and website performance using all the key tools available to make recommendations that support margin growth and reduce pain points where they occur
- Partnering with the Digital Product and UX teams to scope and champion meaningful initiatives to feed into the product roadmap including testing opportunities and product features to enhance the customer journey, taking a mobile first approach
- Working as a “senior business lead” representing marketing on various areas of the digital experience and product. Ensure all business needs are met, prioritised effectively, and are delivering the key benefits forecasted. Being prepared to challenge where necessary
- Supporting Product & Tech in the launch of a new product information management system, ensuring information and tooling will help in future enhancements to merchandising capabilities on the website
- Collaborating with the Brand Marketing team to develop and maintain a site content plan that aligns to our Brand proposition and core opportunities
- Regularly merchandise the site, optimising to key trends in the market as well as brand storytelling across our range, ensuring a consistent user journey that performs commercially.
- Overseeing the creation and delivery of seasonal gifting categories & departments, curated collections, on-site assets and content to support the content plan and campaign activity and advising on ecommerce best practice in relation to on-site messaging for campaign activation
- Analysing on-site activity and key merchandising strategies against agreed objectives to take meaningful learnings and act on opportunities for optimisation - both short and long term
- Collaborating with Data Analytics to streamline resource heavy processes & optimise analytical tools to ensure better monitoring and reporting
- Continue to innovate and inherently taking a “test and learn” approach to all new opportunities available to drive performance
- Some key skills and experience you’ll need...
- Excellent track record in e-commerce merchandising and e-commerce site optimisation is essential
- Leading on key financial reporting and data analysis for digital at a daily, weekly, monthly level and ensuring key drivers of performance are understood and acted upon where appropriate, with confidence in BI tools - Google Analytics, Tableau, Lookr and Appsflyer
- Strong leadership skills that will create an enthusiastic, engaged and highly skilled team
- The gravitas and impact required to effectively represent Customer in a variety of forums
- Strong visual and aesthetic awareness with a love for optimising digital customer shopping experiences
- Previous experience at concepting & managing a retail content plan to support brand awareness, consideration & relevancy and drive commercial return
- Experience of working with Content Management Systems is essential
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and visual) with a naturally collaborative style to build relationships effectively across the business
- Highly responsive with the ability to multi task and adapt to a fast trading environment
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnoths
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
We endeavor to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office reopening in October (YAY!), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working, and we’ve introduced a 2:3 hybrid working week. So the NOTHS team get to work flexibly for the majority of the week and visit beautiful Richmond once or twice a week to ensure we all still get together as one #teamnoths. Plus, as of 2022 we’ll begin trialing fully remote months in January (to avoid the snow) and August (to enjoy the sun).
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!