- Richmond, UK
- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
As the People and Experience team, our mission is to create the most incredible workplace experience for everyone at NOTHS. The Culture and Connection Exec plays a pivotal role in this, being the ultimate Team NOTHS ambassador and having the creative licence to introduce new ideas that ensure our teams are engaged, happy and look forward to coming to work.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be at the creative forefront of engagement initiatives to build on what is already a passionate and thoughtful culture.
What you’ll be doing...
- You’ll be responsible for creating and executing cultural initiatives to improve the experience for every member of Team NOTHS in our new hybrid way of working, where teams will spend some time in the office and some time at home each week. You’ll also support in ensuring our office space continues to encourage innovation and collaboration for our teams
- You’ll be a creative force, coming up with wild and wonderfully fun events and surprises to keep all our teams excited to work for us, as well as plenty of ‘always on’ everyday initiatives to ensure our teams are connecting to one another and having plenty of fun
- You’ll be collaborating with the rest of the People Team to ensure wellbeing is a top priority at NOTHS and goes beyond our health benefits on offer. You’ll also analyse our employee engagement survey results - and use this to inform your ideas and initiatives to improve happiness and engagement
- As our ultimate D&I champion and ally, you’ll get involved in our D&I committee and initiatives so you can educate others to promote continued growth and inclusivity
- You’ll support the onboarding of all new members of Team NOTHS by sharing our values and internal initiatives, as well as assisting with the running of our new starter induction - ‘Behind the Scenes’
- You’ll be involved in all our Team NOTHS communication channels - including our weekly all hands and newsletter, monthly D&I communications, Slack announcements etc
- You will work with internal teams on specific connection and recognition initiatives - including Partner ‘Tag Talks’ and our highly esteemed ‘NOTHS stars’ awards
- You will be working with multiple teams to support our ongoing charity partnership with The Prince’s Trust - coordinating fundraising events, workshops & internal events
- Last but not least, you’ll embody the NOTHS values and emulate these in everything you do
...and something more about you!
- People person - you are super approachable and build brilliant relationships with people from all teams and backgrounds
- Naturally inclusive - you think about all different groups and will make every team member feel valued and equal just by being you
- Customer focused background - You have experience working in a dynamic people focused role - whether thats with customers or teams
- Organised - you are able to spin multiple plates & keep projects on track and ticking along
- Creative and resourceful - you are full of new & exciting ideas, continually finding new ways to inspire and motivate our people
- Self motivated - you see things through from start to finish and no task is too big or too small for you to lead
- Leader - someone who is happy to take accountability on different projects & lead them in the right direction
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for online socials!
We endeavor to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office reopening in September (YAY!), we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working, and we’ve introduced a hybrid working week. So the NOTHS team get to work flexibly for the majority of the week and visit beautiful Richmond once or twice a week to ensure we all still get together as one #teamnoths. Plus, as of 2022 we’ll begin trialing fully remote months in January (to avoid the snow) and August (to enjoy the sun).
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
Apply to join #teamnoths
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role.
To apply for this role, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining why you want this job. You also will find a little task for you to work on - more details below. Should you have any issues with your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!