- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 28, 2021
- Product Management
- Business Applications
About the Role:
We’re looking for a communications manager who can help tell Notion’s story in ways that resonate with our wide and global audience. You’ll also play an important role in communicating our mission, values, policies and programming to employees at Notion.
We’re looking for someone with superb writing skills, flexibility, an international mindset, and the ability to work cross functionally with our teams and leaders. As a member of our team, you’ll be proactive in reaching our audiences in creative ways that feel authentic to our brand.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Create excellent written materials and messaging for product announcements and reactive responses, blog posts, statements and press releases, as well as internal communications and presentations.
- Build and nurture relationships with members of the media, strategize and pitch compelling narratives to press and partners, and tell our story directly through our own channels.
- Support product launches and initiatives for Notion, coordinating seamlessly across internal teams, and finding creative ways to communicate our story.
- Lead and support the development of internal communications and events, including all hands, Q&As, newsletters, and other internal resources.
- Work with spokespeople on internal and external communications, including blog posts, industry keynotes and panels, and media interviews.
- Manage press opportunities through to completion – including staffing interviews, developing bios and summaries, briefing executive spokespeople and executing through the publishing process.
- Create and maintain Notion’s press page, ensuring content is relevant and up to date.
- Manage our thought leadership program by securing contributed placements, interviews, and speaking opportunities for our executive team and engineering team
- Create an awards program to ensure that Notion is positioned as a best-in-class solution and both industry and cultural thought leader.
Skills You’ll Need to Bring:
- 4-8 years of experience in communications or a related field.
- Excellent strategic sense and proven track record of developing stories that drove results or addressed challenges.
- Experience working at a high-growth startup, with cross-functional teams and executive leaders.
- Sharp written and verbal skills, with the ability to distill complex topics into simple and engaging prose.
- Attention to detail and ability to hit deadlines.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize projects.
Nice to Haves:
- The ability to toggle between B2B and B2C communications.
- Strong, pre-existing media and industry relationships.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.