- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 30, 2021
- Financial Services
At Nova Credit, we’re on a mission to make financial access easier, no matter where you’re from or where you go. We’ve built a platform that enables lenders to access a single, predictive credit database to help underwrite immigrants and other thin-file credit applicants. In effect, we are the first global infrastructure for financial identity to seamlessly move around the world. We’re passionate about financial inclusion, and committed to building a diverse and fulfilling work culture.
As Nova Credit’s information security compliance lead, you will be responsible for shaping the continued growth and maturity of our compliance program. Nova Credit’s compliance program spans multiple dimensions - regulatory, information security, privacy, and more. You will work cross-functionally with many stakeholders, including customer success, business development, legal, engineering, marketing, and product to ensure our obligations are being met and the program matures as the company grows.
- Compliance program management: You will lead our efforts to develop and maintain all aspects of our compliance program, including policies and procedures, employee compliance training, internal risk management systems, third party due diligence, and ongoing independent audit management
- Partnerships: You will work closely with our business development team and supply teams to coordinate the incoming due diligence, information security and other regulatory compliance reviews from current and prospective customers and outgoing reviews of data suppliers, including credit bureaus
- Culture: You will help us continue to develop compliance as a core aspect of our culture, helping evangelize risk management and compliance throughout the organization. You’ll set in the tone in translate complex compliance frameworks into our everyday efforts
Within the first month, you’ll
- Develop a deep understanding of how our products and services work and are regulated
- Be a fresh set of eyes on our compliance policy suite, developing ideas for improvement and greater efficiencies
- Be introduced to our customers and partners and take ownership of information security and regulatory compliance
- Familiarize yourself with our control sets, frameworks, and requirements
Within the first quarter, you’ll
- Train new hires and all employees on information security and regulatory matters
- Perform regular audits of our operations
- Be a key stakeholder in information security, driving critical initiatives to our customers and program maturity
- Be an evangelist for compliance within the organization and in different cross-functional meetings, include engineering and product stand-ups
Within the first year, you’ll
- Be on your way to mastery of ISO 27001 and SOC 2 Type II
- Be a key stakeholder in developing a roadmap to enhance our compliance operations
- Work closely with our compliance program management software and auditors to drive continuous improvement of our compliance program
- 5+ years experience working in a compliance function at a financial services company, financial technology company, startup, consulting, or other relevant experience
- Strong background in information security program management and risk management and/or credit reporting, including working with specific frameworks, such as SOC 2 Type II, ISO 27001, PCI-DSS, etc.
- Excellent communication skills in order to convey complex requirements in a compelling and actionable manner
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Interest in expanding financial inclusion for underserved consumers
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.