- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 23, 2021
OpenX is looking for a programmatic veteran to lead our DSP relationships, revenue and our platform demand team. The Platform Demand Team manages our OpenX’s DSP partners, owns the buy-side relationship as well as identifying and driving revenue and partnership opportunities.
This role will identify, own and execute with our DSPs partners through both programmatic deals and open exchange. The team also optimizes integrations, and drives the operational and strategic relationship agenda with our partners, resulting in growth and retention. This leader will build the talent bench, coach, lead and ensure we’re maximizing revenue for both our partners and OpenX. In addition, this role will be constantly working with executive level leaders at our DSP partners to identify revenue opportunities and drive those opportunities internally across the org.
This leadership role will have visibility and influence with product, setting corporate strategy around demand, as well as be a voice in the market for OpenX. They will also provide actionable product feedback to the product team and engineering and influence our product priorities and roadmap. Reporting to the Chief Customer Officer, the VP, Platform Demand will work closely with the exec team, buyer development, product and marketplace quality teams to ensure that OpenX is delivering overall superior value to our DSP partners, brands and agencies.
- Drive revenue and spend across our DSP partners through new opportunities, optimizations and partnering with product to deliver new capabilities for our DSP partners.
- Build and retain a high-performing DSP team that engages with our DSP partners to drive growth and product opportunities
- Lead, develop and deploy a DSP strategy for our teams to execute on globally
- Work with buyer development and publisher sales to continually look for ways to deliver the types of inventory our DSP partners require.
- Build and nurture relationships with sales teams across OpenX to solidify our partnership and commitment to the DSP partner
- Develop and drive the account planning process for our top strategic accounts
- Create evangelists by listening to partners and delighting them with our user experience/onboarding
- Collect feedback to provide to product with product enhancement information
- Ensure all account issues are resolved quickly, leveraging resources from across the company for top
- Manage operational components for partner satisfaction and product lifecycle growth
- Provide executive project oversight and partner communication
- Hire world-class talent and manage performance to ensure career growth opportunities
- Drive expectations within team around QBRs
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with other groups within OpenX, such as product, engineering, and finance in addition to partner services.
- Commercial, sales and partnership development experience
- Sales operations, account management, cross-sell/upsell strategy creation
- BA / BS degree in business, engineering, or related area
- 10 years of experience leading teams of sales/ business development and operations professionals;
- 8 years of relevant experience in demand, buyer dev or programmatic direct
- Experience in managing DSP operations/operations / or partnership teams. Demonstrated success in growing revenue
- Revenue forecasting, process improvement, scalability
- Demonstrated ability to develop consultative relationships with external partners and strong relationships with internal cross-functional teams
- Proven people leadership experience and demonstrated ability to motivate and develop a high-performing team
- Results-driven and committed to identifying and tackling new business opportunities, driving new process efficiencies and building high performing teams
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts; strong analytical and strategic thinker
- Ability to evaluate and develop existing teams and reshape it as necessary while mentoring and inspiring the team
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively from building strategy to flawless execution
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; strong leadership skills with the ability to influence without formal authority
Company At a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor, policy and company management.
Please make sure to disable your ad-blocker should you face issues with submitting your job application.