- Date Posted
- Nov. 24, 2021
- Product Management
Otrium is a purpose-led business – we see a future where all clothing is worn.
Every year, billions of items are produced globally but are never sold. Clothing goes unworn and often ends up in landfills. This is a huge waste of creative energy, labor, natural resources and investment. Otrium is changing fashion from the inside out: we are an online fashion outlet marketplace and we tech-enable designer brands to find an owner for every item they produce.
Our global business
Founded in Amsterdam and headquartered in the cloud, Otrium also has hubs in New York and London. As a digital-first company, we work around the globe and don’t need to limit our HQ to one location or a single hub. We want to ensure our O-team can work in a way that best fits their needs, whether that’s remote-first, hub-first, or hybrid (50/50).
Otrium is also committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of employees with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Here’s to freedom, flexibility, and global inclusivity!
About the role
We are looking for an experienced content lead with a creative background to oversee all visual and written output for the brand.
A passionate creative who wants to be part of a fast-growing purpose-led business and spearhead elevated inspirational visual designs for all Otrium’s content including (but not limited to) social media, website, digital ads, promotions, newsletters, and any other visual assets.
The driving force behind the development of all of Otrium’s visual content including campaigns and seasonal shoots, you will be tasked with creating unique visual content that stands out and elevates our communication across paid, owned and earned media.
We are looking for a highly creative and collaborative individual who can innovate and experiment visually from within the confines of an e-commerce brand.
- Commission and/ or lead all shoots (still and video) and content production including commissioning external shoot teams and/or illustrators, editors etc.
- On approval of concepts, manage the creative from concept stage through to completion, across all design disciplines within the brand.
- Work in tandem with the brand manager to ensure all visual content for campaigns is in keeping with the brand and all written content aligns with the visual output.
- Manage and grow (in line with company growth) the content team and guide them in the production of exceptional visual collateral
- Oversee the day-to-day design work of your team such as emails, social content and digital marketing, approve work to go live or feedback amends
- Be personally hands-on with design work as and when needed
- Collaborate with all teams in particular platform, marketing, e-commerce, marketing, and brand partnerships to synthesise all Otrium’s creative business needs and translate these into inspiration and on-brand visual content
- Be ultimate responsible for all creative briefs, all creative output, budgets and timelines and members of the content team.
- Own the creative production calendar for all content production, including written content, leading projects from initial idea to final delivery and will work closely with the brand manager to ensure briefings from the business are assigned in a timely manner, and will lead the processes and workflows to ensure a smooth production process and timely delivery of inspiration content for the business.
- You have...
- Experience working in the creative and/ or content creation team for a fashion platform
- A creative, art degree, or other proven transitional qualifications or grass roots experience - most importantly you will have a creative mindset, live and breathe imagery, art, fashion and creative culture
- A keen eye for detail, a creative mind and a broad set of hands-on creative skills and understanding of broader creative skills sets you’re commissioning whether that’s motion graphics, illustration, animation, typography.
- A strong understanding of assessing the content landscape for a brand, excellent communication skills and a highly developed design vocabulary
- People management experience, the ability to inspire and oversee a small in-house content team consisting of designers and copywriters.
- Great contacts on the ground, ranging from production companies, editors, photographers, stylists, models and makeup artists as well as videographers, studios, model agencies and other creative external partners who you will harness frequently in this role
- A can-do, problem-solver profile, thriving in fast-growth, rapidly-changing environments
- A positive outlook, be calm under pressure, solution-oriented and a natural collaborator and people person
Our values: #WearIt
Every member of the O-team uses our values in their everyday working lives. They act as our internal manifesto to help us think about how we act as a collective team, and they link directly to our mission: All clothing should be worn.
- #Wins are celebrated. Next to working together, we celebrate our success together. With every target we make and record we break, we celebrate!
- #Embrace mistakes. Not only do we celebrate our successes, but we also make sure Otrium is a safe space to embrace our challenges and difficulties together.
- #Amaze our customers. You will be part of an enthusiastic and highly ambitious team with a growth and entrepreneurial mindset, ensuring that all clothing is worn by happy customers.
- #Rely on data. As a purpose-led business committed to addressing the issue of unsold inventory, we don’t blindly fall in love with ideas: we listen to what the data tells us and provide input back into the industry.
- #Impact on a global scale. The possibility to learn, grow, and contribute to one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe, and soon the US (with your help!).
- #Take ownership. Freedom and responsibility: we believe in ownership, so we will give you full responsibility to make sure you can get the job done.
- Excited about what you’re reading? Let us know more about who you are and why we should work together!
- We look forward to hearing from you!