- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- Sep. 8, 2021
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energising their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Trust & Safety Manager to join our San Francisco team.
What you will do:
- Lead a team of Trust & Safety Program Managers focused on building efficiency and scale for Content Moderation (CM) at Patreon.
- Establish and scale the CM Product Support program. Ensure the Product and Engineering team have full T&S support and adequate T&S guidance when designing and launching creator features. Own the Native Video Content Moderation process in partnership w/Engineering, Product, and Design.
- Establish and scale the CM GTM Support program: support our Chief Revenue Officer and other business teams (Creator Partnerships, Brand, Marketing, Creator Success, Product Marketing) with efficient and scalable T&S processes.
- Establish and scale the CM Learning & Development (L&D) program. Serve Policy and T&S with employee-centric T&S L&D curriculum and training programs. Own T&S onboarding and skill development programs.
- Scale CM Vendor Management, ensuring all relevant T&S stakeholders have timely and adequate vendor management support.
- Support emergent, complex T&S needs. Work closely with cross-functional teams from Policy, Engineering, Product, Design, Data Science, Operations, Legal, Finance, and more.
`Skills and experience you possess:
- Leadership: Experience leading and training high-performing teams comprised of individual contributors. Track record of attracting, developing, and retaining top talent. Experience managing large cross-functional projects and workshops.
- Program Management: Experience leading multiple global programs within a complex tech company. Experience working in a global setting with Product or Engineering leadership.
- Trust & Safety: Track record of driving results in UGC or community platform user safety across a range of complex issues such as child safety, adult content, hate speech, harassment, violent extremism, and misinformation.
- Process design and process improvement: Track record of designing, owning, and improving resilient processes cutting across multiple cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency with some or all of these technologies: Slack, Asana, LucidChart, Atlassian/Jira, Tableau. Alternatively, you are comfortable rapidly learning about these and other new technologies, and can train others how to use them.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and presentation skills, with an exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their operational implications.
- Team player and a fast learner with a creative, fun attitude.
- Extremely comfortable with ambiguity.
Projects you may work on:
- New Product launches: owning and driving T&S requirements to support the launch of new creator tools at scale.
- Influencing widespread adoption of Asana for Trust & Safety work and then using it to track TnS team output.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- How the creator economy is shaping the future!
- How to scale creator-centric programs in a rapidly growing global product company.