- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Technical & Customer Support
Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we’re building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, and we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Support Training Specialist to join our team.
What you will do:
- Own the end to end experience of training programs inclusive of scheduling, tracking attendance, measuring success, gathering feedback, and post-training follow-up
- Create and develop training materials, retention exercises and learning activities based on department needs and initiatives
- Design and facilitate both instructor-led and eLearning training experiences
- Continually seek opportunities to develop training skills and enhance training content
- Align communication between training and stakeholders including coordinating training material reviews and compiling material feedback
- Partners with QA specialist to discuss QA trends and plan appropriate training follow up
- Identify areas for improvement and design content for gaps in training
- Update and maintenance of Internal Knowledge Base after changes or new process roll out
- Conduct regular reviews of Knowledge Base and training materials ensuring accuracy, making updates as needed
- Assist the Content Support team with various internal and external content creation and content auditing needs
Skills and experience you possess:
- 2+ years of background working in a customer-facing role, such as support or success
- 1+ years experience in one, or a combination, of the following areas: content creation for training purposes, conducting product trainings, teaching within higher education, creating unique corporate or HR training modules
- Motivation to create high-quality content with autonomy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to understand and explain complicated product and policy concepts and effectively collaborate with colleagues of varying levels
- A proven track record of high-performance in your current role, strong attention to detail, excellent time-management working in short or flexibly timelines and a creative approach to solving problems
- You live to become a Patreon expert (attending QA and demo days where appropriate) and have the proactive and positive attitude to go above and beyond to solve problems for creators and patrons
- Experience with a LMS like Lessonly a plus
- Experience with Zendesk a plus
Projects you may work on:
- Building and expanding our Community Happiness continued learning and development program
- Enhancing and refining our new hire onboarding process
What you will have the chance to learn:
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Empathy for the patron and creator experience
Who you’ll work with:
At Patreon, you’ll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn