- Date Posted
- Oct. 22, 2021
- Data Science
- Business Applications
Pitch is the collaborative presentation software for modern teams. We're focused on making it fast and delightful for teams to create and deliver beautiful presentations, and easy for anyone to find inspiration from templates crafted by experts. Since we launched Pitch publicly in October 2020 and raised our Series B funding in May, over 100,000 teams have adopted Pitch as their presentation software of choice, including top brands like Intercom, Superhuman, and Notion.
Our ambition is to build a best-in-class data infrastructure to scale the Product-Led Growth SaaS company that is Pitch - therefore we’re in the midst of growing our centralized Data Engineering team.
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of our Analytics organization building and improving our data platform. Our mission is to deliver a lean and reliable data foundation that enables informed decision making for our many internal customers across Finance, Customer Operations, Sales, Marketing and more. Future and current challenges involve scalability and experimentation and driving substantial change in the way we make better and more informed decisions.
Curious about our engineering culture? Our CTO and co-founder Adam Renklint recently contributed to a blog post that dives deep into our technical foundation, our iterative approach to development and our philosophy on building a sustainable engineering culture that’s all about joyful work.
What you will do
- Partner with data analysts and internal customers such as Finance, Customer Operations and Marketing to understand their business needs.
- Build new data pipelines and data applications to facilitate your stakeholders’ data extraction needs, and support them with 3rd-party integrations.
- Improve existing data pipelines to ensure they remain reliable, efficient, and maintainable.
- Integrate data ingestion tools and automate data quality checks.
- Develop SQL queries and Python scripts to produce analytics datasets.
What you should offer
- At least 2-3 years’ experience as a Data or Analytics Engineer, ideally in a product-minded SaaS or Tech company
- Experience with full lifecycle management of various types of data pipelines, and experience with data pipeline integrations.
- Proficiency in Python for data processing, and SQL for building data transformation.
- Experience with behavioural analytics tools (either internal or 3rd-party tools such as Google Analytics, Snowplow, Segment or Amplitude).
- Passion for delivering the foundational work needed to supercharge the Data Engineering team and its capabilities to serve stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, product-led growth SaaS company.
- Strong cross-functional working and communication skills, and the ability to work with stakeholders who are not engineers.
- Growth-focused and product-minded attitude.
What would be nice to have
- Experience with ETL tools like Fivetran or Airbyte.
- Experience with orchestration technologies Airflow or Luigi.
- Experience with reverse ELT tools like Hightouch or Census.
- Experience with experimentation frameworks.
- Experience with dbt.
- Data warehouse management experience with Snowflake or Redshift.
- Cloud platform experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform.
- Curious what it's like to work at Pitch? Find out more about how Pitch operates as a remote-first company through using powerful collaboration tools and dogfooding our own products!
- Pitch was founded in Berlin, but as a remote-first company, our team works together from all over the world. With that mindset, we’re building an inclusive workplace that invites diverse perspectives, and values talent from diverse personal and professional backgrounds.
- Sounds like a good fit? Join us on our mission to enable every team’s best thinking - we look forward to hearing from you!