- Date Posted
- Jun. 30, 2021
- Business Development
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
Plaid’s Developer Relations team is a nascent team within our broader Developer group. We own developer documentation at Plaid, which ranges from making sure the language in the docs is clear and crisp, to speccing out new web features that help developers understand Plaid products and find the right content at the right time. We do outreach to developers, including via social media, blog posts, and talks. And finally, we provide a holistic developer perspective to teams internally, ensuring that we design API and SDKs are clear, consistent, and easy to use.
Documentation is currently our team’s biggest focus, but it’s not the only focus. As a Developer Advocate at Plaid, you’ll balance your time between ensuring our documentation is clear, robust, and up-to-date, while also taking on other projects to engage with the Plaid developer community and demonstrate our commitment to a world-class developer experience. And as one of the first hires onto this new team, you’ll have the opportunity to set direction and take on our most impactful projects.
We're guided by our principles including impact, growing together, embracing openness and positivity, inventing tomorrow; we’re looking for leaders who are motivated by those same principles.
What Excites You
- Creating and describing sample code and applications to demonstrate the Plaid API
- Creating other media aimed at our developer audience, such as blog posts, talks, or videos
- Engaging with the Plaid developer community via social media and (post-COVID) in person
- Creating and editing technical documentation for Plaid’s APIs, client libraries, and SDKs
- Representing a developer’s perspective internally to ensure Plaid APIs, client libraries, and SDKs meet developer needs
What Excites Us
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 9+ years industry experience in a technical role such as Developer Relations Engineer, Software Engineer, API Product Manager, API Documentation Specialist, Developer Support Engineer, Solutions Engineer, etc.
- 3+ years direct experience engaging with external developers (e.g. through open source projects, working in Developer Relations, conducting API user research, or similar)
- Experience designing APIs
- Connections and a strong network within FinTech developer communities is a plus
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.