- San Francisco
- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 8, 2021
- Business Development
- Financial Services
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
Plaid sits in the middle of this ecosystem, and we’re the gateway used by our customers to build, launch, and scale FinTech applications that democratize financial services. In this role, you will be directly responsible for executing, optimizing, and scaling Plaid’s payments operations and managing our partners day-to-day. This role will require deep cross-functional collaboration with Product, GTM, Partnerships, and Legal teams, as well as our banking partners, to ensure that Plaid is able to successfully scale our payments products.
What excites you:
- Being part of a highly evolving cross functional team in a rapidly growing organization
- Having a significant impact on the future of financial services
- Managing executive and day-to-day relationships with enterprise partners
- Building and maintaining highly effective cross functional relationships in a product- focused organization
- Partnering with product teams to build-out and operationalize new workflows where relevant
- Interfacing directly with GTM teams and prospective customers to ensure an efficient onboarding experience for money movement products
- Interfacing with our banking partners throughout the customer onboarding process, which includes ensuring accounts are open, properly configured, and ready for use in sufficient timeframes
- Partnering with GTM teams to ensure that usage of Plaid’s payments products is optimized at our partners eg through ensuring that they have sufficient access to limit to move funds
- Proactively managing customer return rates and overall program health
- Resolving non-technical ad hoc operational issues that arise with clients or with partners
- Collaborating with Business Operations to track performance against operational KPIs
- Working with Plaid finance to ensure that invoices received from our bank partner are accurate and paid on a timely basis
- Ironing out contractual issues that arise with payments partners
What excites us:
- 6-9 years of experience in payments operations, preferably with a major payments processor, regulated US bank, fintech company. Management consulting background also highly desirable
- Strong background in onboarding and enabling partnerships
- Strong understanding of processes required to scale payments operations, with a focus on ACH
- Metrics driven: Ability to identify key metrics both internally and externally, proven ability to set and manage toward goals
- Strong project management experience, and proven ability to effectively engage with external stakeholders (prospects, customers, and business partners)
- A relentless focus on efficiency, with a track record of building, improving, and owning processes.
- Customer-first mindset
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.