- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Financial Services
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
Plaid’s mission focuses on democratizing access to the financial ecosystem for all people. The newly-formed Financial Access organization expands and enriches connections between Plaid and financial institution partners to create a foundation for new and differentiated products that enable people to have healthier financial lives. This global team enables innovation for data partners by opening access to tools and technology that were previously reserved for technology upstarts.
The Ecosystem Development team, within the Financial Access organization, is looking for a Mid Market Partner Development Manager, to help us establish deep partnerships and drive digital roadmaps for financial institutions of all sizes in North America. The Mid Market strategy is a “zero to one” initiative focused on building partnerships across the full ecosystem of financial institutions: from mid tier and regional banks, to community banks and credit unions, as well as emerging new banking participants. We will be building a new muscle for creating deep relationships with FIs at scale, and you will be involved at the ground level for how this engagement strategy develops. You will operate with a tremendous amount of autonomy and have the opportunity to build deep relationships with key influencers across the financial landscape.
You will have the opportunity to flex multiple muscles in this role - using your strong commercial aptitude, you will influence the strategy for how we engage with banks. You will structure and negotiate deals focused on data access, with the opportunity to work collaboratively across the access and revenue portions of the organization. This role is incredibly cross-functional - you’ll work closely on a daily basis with Solution Delivery, Open Finance Platform, EPDS, and GTM, and you get to QB it all. You will influence the data strategy at Plaid, with significant executive exposure, given how important these efforts are for the future of Plaid.
What Excites You
- Believe strongly in the power of technology to democratize access to financial services
- Partnering with and supporting financial institutions in their digital transformation journey
- Championing data rights for consumers, and helping institutions understand the positive impact delivered through an open finance ecosystem
- Synthesizing complex topics into simple/basic and solvable problems
- Structuring strategic deals that achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Building engagement strategies and operating as the “face” of the organization to external constituents
- Impacting the landscape of open finance, and fintech broadly
What Excites Us
- Mission driven individual, with a clear understanding of Plaid’s core values
- 7-12 years with demonstrated success in a client facing role
- Strategic, commercial, and operational aptitude, with a powerful internal “motor”
- Experienced relationship builder, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Being nimble and finding new and collaborative solutions in a rapidly changing industry
- Ability to influence through presentations, written, and verbal communications
- Hyper-collaborative, with strong interpersonal skills
- Technical and product affinity is a must
- Ideal candidate is positive - a natural optimist, collaborative, organized, focused, and a self-starter
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.