- San Francisco
- Date Posted
- May. 31, 2021
- Financial Services
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
The Policy, Risk and Legal (“PRL”) team at Plaid works at the intersection of technology and financial services on disruptive innovations that require creative and pragmatic legal solutions. We deal with novel issues every day and work collaboratively across Plaid’s product, business, operations, risk and policy teams, as well as with our customers and partners.
The PRL team is looking for our first Legal Operations Manager to help our growing PRL team develop sustainable and efficient processes as the team grows and scales. Based in San Francisco and reporting to the General Counsel, you will be responsible for assisting the General Counsel in managing the PRL team; handling high-priority projects related to team budgets, objectives and key results, and team culture; and serving as a resource to the PRL leadership team. We’re looking for a collaborative team member with excellent problem-solving skills who can manage multiple, important projects in a fast-paced environment.
What excites you...
- Helping a team do its best work
- Creating and managing budget, and supporting management of outside counsel billing
- Managing prioritization and resource allocation
- Designing, developing, and simplifying processes and procedures
- Driving increased automation and effective use of technology solutions, including related to knowledge management, contract management, and legal department functions
- Assisting with team building and development, such as coordinating performance cycles, recruiting, onboarding, and planning team retreats and activities
- Collecting, analyzing, and organizing data and metrics about team functioning
- Being part of a team and building an inclusive environment
- 5+ years as a legal operations professional, paralegal, or legal project manager, preferably in an in-house legal department.
- Experience at a fast-growing technology startup is a plus
- Understanding of budgeting processes, experience with outside counsel billing, meeting/event planning, and interest in selecting and implementing technologies for these functions, such as Salesforce, matter management, contract management, and billing systems
- Stellar organizational skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, and ability to work both independently and collaboratively across internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as problem-solving skills
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree preferred
- Sense of humor
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.