- New York
- Date Posted
- Oct. 28, 2021
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo and SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 11,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam.
The Account Manager role is on the Growth team at Plaid, which combines deep technical, product, and industry knowledge to help our customers build and scale amazing applications. We believe that the way consumers and businesses interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years.
Plaid is looking for an experienced customer-facing professional to manage our relationships with some of the largest names in fintech and financial services. The right candidate is a natural at building strong partnerships and has demonstrated success owning and growing customer relationships (cross-selling/up-selling, increasing utilization) with major enterprises.
You will be the primary point of contact for your customers and will work with them on all stages of integrations, scaling, product expansion, and account management to ensure impeccable service and thoughtful guidance on how to get the most out of Plaid’s offerings. You must be motivated and take a hands-on approach to understanding our clients’ businesses, strategic goals and how they define success with Plaid’s solutions.
What you’ll do
- Based on West Coast (San Francisco, Seattle, LA all ok)
- Own overall relationship with assigned customers, identifying key stakeholders and building relationships with influencers and the core team interacting with our solutions
- Collaborate closely with Plaid’s implementation team to ensure customer application launches are timely and successful
- Conduct customer health checks, identifying critical goals and key performance indicators to clearly understand and measure client satisfaction
- Engage in regular customer outreach including quarterly review/meetings, ongoing checkpoints and escalations as needed
- Provide consultative guidance on best practices for deep software adoption, product capabilities and potential application to customer’s requirements
- Enable successful and consistent renewals, as well as identify and execute on new growth and upsell opportunities with customers
- Identify and open up new lines of business within existing client organizations
- Work with our engineering and product teams to translate customer feedback into product insights
What excites us
- A strong business generalist with an acute product sense
- Align with Enterprise Sales to drive successful outcomes for Plaid customers
- Able to quickly understand new technologies and complex concepts quickly
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels
- 8+ years of relationship management experience with large enterprise organizations
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid’s APIs
- Interest in financial services and technical products; a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build processes and tools as needed
- Ability to work with all types of people and build long-lasting relationships
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.