- New York
- Date Posted
- Jun. 23, 2021
At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. Founded in 2012, we’ve helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and thousands of developers build the new wave of financial technology. Our customers range from companies like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. To date, Plaid has raised $725M of capital from prominent venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi.
As Solution Engineers, we are responsible for demonstrating to prospective customers how Plaid’s solutions will address their business needs. In addition to partnering with the Growth Account Managers, Solution Engineers also interface with Product Management, Engineering, Operations and Marketing. The Solutions Engineer is a highly visible technical and product expert in the post-sales process, and a primary driver for internal advancement of customer requirements. Every day, we work with our customers to help them build and scale amazing applications. Behind each successful launch is a Solutions Engineer that provides the technical guidance and support to make it all possible. You will be responsible for working with our customers to design and implement seamless integrations with Plaid’s products. You’ll get to work with the fastest growing startups as well as some of the largest Fortune 500 companies.
You will work closely with our Growth and Partnerships teams as the technical lead throughout the post-sales process. You will be responsible for the implementation of Plaid’s products into customers’ existing architecture and continue to work with them as they scale.
What excites you
- Being the technical liaison for customers and partners, reviewing their existing systems, identify areas where Plaid could fit in, and assist in scoping out the engineering work needed
- Serving as the key technical contact for our customers and partners as they integrate with Plaid
- Providing ongoing solutions consulting to existing Plaid customers to enable upsells
- Working with our engineering and product teams to translate prospect feedback into meaningful product insights
What excites us
- A background that combines business experience and technical acumen
- Customer-first attitude with a strong sense of empathy
- A background in engineering, CS, physics, math, or another related field, and experience writing code for a production system
- Excellent knowledge of web services, APIs, and related standards such as HTTP, REST, and OAuth
- Strong grasp in two or more of the following programming languages: Go, Python, Node.js, Ruby, or Java
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.